BLURRY VIDEO WHEN YAWING...

Reaction score
I experienced two strange issues today. The first was related to altitude. I have had my P4 about 8 months now. Recently did the new firmware update and had a few issues, but those seem to have resolved themselves. But I had a new one pop up today.

I have always set my maximum altitude at 120 meters. Never changed it. But after taking off today and climbing, I got a message at about 98 feet telling me that the maximum altitude had been reached. I brought it down and did some checking. My max altitude was still set at 120 meters. I changed it to 121 meters, took off again, and climbed to over 200 feet without any interruption. So, apparently that issue has been resolved. Except for figuring out why it occurred.

The second issue is a bit more concerning. I did some flying around my patio and deck. I was in AUTO mode with an ND4 filter and AWB shooting in 4K UHD (which I do all the time). When I looked at the footage, the yawing shots were terribly blurry. I mean much more blurry than a motion blur. I will try to attach the file. It's at the very beginning. I would love to hear any suggestions on what may have caused this. I've never seen it happen before. Maybe I just yawed with more gusto than normal. I hope that was it.

Anyway, if you have time, take a look at the footage and chime in with your opinion on how to prevent this in the future. I have been using the same SD card from day one (the one that came with it) and never had this issue before. Thanks!

Apparently 20 seconds of 4K is too large to upload. Drat the luck.

I have always set my maximum altitude at 120 meters. Never changed it. But after taking off today and climbing, I got a message at about 98 feet telling me that the maximum altitude had been reached. I brought it down and did some checking. My max altitude was still set at 120 meters. I changed it to 121 meters, took off again, and climbed to over 200 feet without any interruption. So, apparently that issue has been resolved. Except for figuring out why it occurred.
Check out this post for more details on that issue.

I experienced two strange issues today. The first was related to altitude. I have had my P4 about 8 months now. Recently did the new firmware update and had a few issues, but those seem to have resolved themselves. But I had a new one pop up today.

The second issue is a bit more concerning. I did some flying around my patio and deck. I was in AUTO mode with an ND4 filter and AWB shooting in 4K UHD (which I do all the time). When I looked at the footage, the yawing shots were terribly blurry. I mean much more blurry than a motion blur. I will try to attach the file. It's at the very beginning. I would love to hear any suggestions on what may have caused this. I've never seen it happen before. Maybe I just yawed with more gusto than normal. I hope that was it.

Anyway, if you have time, take a look at the footage and chime in with your opinion on how to prevent this in the future. I have been using the same SD card from day one (the one that came with it) and never had this issue before. Thanks!

Apparently 20 seconds of 4K is too large to upload. Drat the luck.
Hea Magnum,
It's SteveP55 or on you tube Steve Carlyle,
I watched the ending of your follow me video, just curious, did you have somene
Else flying the Other PHANTOM?
Also do you post on Mavic Pilots as well?
Take Care
SteveP55

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj