Nvidia shield tablet Dji Pilot App problem

Reaction score
Hi, anyone with the Android 5.1 to the nvidia shield tablet getting errors in the dji pilot app?

After the update I got a Google maps error that closes the app and opens it again after some seconds.

This error:
82xJfOQ.jpg

This not only happens on the shield, its across all android and ios devices, plenty info in the forum about it if you search.

Same error on same tablet. I found /DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH/*.txt -
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to resume activity {dji.pilot/dji.pilot.usercenter.activity.DJIFlightRecordPlayerActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException
at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:2798)
(snip)

Did it sent to DJI?

Same error on same tablet. I found /DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH/*.txt -
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to resume activity {dji.pilot/dji.pilot.usercenter.activity.DJIFlightRecordPlayerActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException
at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:2798)
(snip)

Did it sent to DJI?
Dji is aware of this I made blade strike aware of this last week that java was looping he passed it on to dji they are working on solution problem on lollipop is worse the java looping is causing the overheating its overrunning the processor constantly restarting and stopping its called looping I am the developer of the nebula alien sunglasses fpv wireless system I was recieving the java looping crash report in my software it probably will be fixed in a few days

From what I see deleting the cache should fix it or or miss something else?
Done that, problem still exists now and again. I'm convinced its a problem with the firmware itself.

I have the exact same problem - so far, with my P3 Advance I have used:

Sony Z3 Compact phone = Runs great, no problems, but screen too small so bought a
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 = No crashes, but awful lag resulting in tree crash, so I sold and bought an
NVIDIA Shield Tablet = No lag, but crashes every 15 minutes or so, exactly the same as above - the app automatically reopens quite quickly but it is pretty disconcerting to say the least.

Anyone heard anything from DJI about this?

I have the exact same problem - so far, with my P3 Advance I have used:

Sony Z3 Compact phone = Runs great, no problems, but screen too small so bought a
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 = No crashes, but awful lag resulting in tree crash, so I sold and bought an
NVIDIA Shield Tablet = No lag, but crashes every 15 minutes or so, exactly the same as above - the app automatically reopens quite quickly but it is pretty disconcerting to say the least.

Anyone heard anything from DJI about this?
Downgrade Google play service and Google maps and it's fine, dji is aware of the issue and it's already trying to fix it.

Downgrade Google play service and Google maps and it's fine, dji is aware of the issue and it's already trying to fix it.
Thanks very much for responding - I will give that a go. Just to be clear, when you say 'downgrade' you mean go to the app's settings and click uninstall updates or whatever it is??

Thanks very much for responding - I will give that a go. Just to be clear, when you say 'downgrade' you mean go to the app's settings and click uninstall updates or whatever it is??

Yeah, pretty much.This is so common I just copy and paste an old post now:

1. 'Play Store' app > Settings > Auto-update apps > "Do not..." to turn off automatic updating

2. 'Settings' app> Security > Device Administrators" and uncheck/deactivate "Android Device Manager" as a device administrator

3. 'Settings' app> Applications > Application Manager > ALL (scroll right if needed to see this option) > Google Play Services > Disable (or Uninstall)... then choose to uninstall any updates from the stock version when prompted.

4. 'Settings' app> Applications > Application Manager > ALL > Google Play Services > Enable ....this will enable the older stock version of google play services

Ignore future upgrade requests for Google Maps etc as that will upgrade Google Play Services also. (until there is a proper fix from DJI)

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=16777&page=17#pid151670

Read through page 16/17/18 of this thread for more background on this possible workaround.

Yeah, pretty much.This is so common I just copy and paste an old post now:

1. 'Play Store' app > Settings > Auto-update apps > "Do not..." to turn off automatic updating

2. 'Settings' app> Security > Device Administrators" and uncheck/deactivate "Android Device Manager" as a device administrator

3. 'Settings' app> Applications > Application Manager > ALL (scroll right if needed to see this option) > Google Play Services > Disable (or Uninstall)... then choose to uninstall any updates from the stock version when prompted.

4. 'Settings' app> Applications > Application Manager > ALL > Google Play Services > Enable ....this will enable the older stock version of google play services

Ignore future upgrade requests for Google Maps etc as that will upgrade Google Play Services also. (until there is a proper fix from DJI)

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=16777&page=17#pid151670

Read through page 16/17/18 of this thread for more background on this possible workaround.
Thanks so much, really appreciate your help.

No sweat. That should make things a lot better, reducing lag also.
Wondering whether this would've improved the Galaxy Tab S now! :) Still, the tab in general was pretty laggy with all the Samsung crap-ware on top so switching to NVIDIA tab probs still a good idea...

Wondering whether this would've improved the Galaxy Tab S now! :) Still, the tab in general was pretty laggy with all the Samsung crap-ware on top so switching to NVIDIA tab probs still a good idea...

Yeah it will do - I have the Tab S and had to do this to make it usable. The Samsung bloat (as much as I hate it) doesn't have much to do with the issue, it's just something people like to point the finger at.

Hopefully DJI can re-engineer their CPU intensive app, otherwise this will be as good as it gets on Android.

I found the Samsung to just be plain slow in many normal operations which I was really surprised at given the specs. Was a real shame as the hardware was really nice. So I have rolled play services back but haven't taken phantom out yet, will update with results. It sure sucks having most Google apps rendered useless though. I re-updated maps as it's one of the few apps I us all the time... Hoping rolling that one back isn't a necessity....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic