Nvidia Shield KI settings.

Reaction score
Anybody out there fly with a Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet please?
I've been using mine for years but think I might have changed some of the settings by accident and can't remember exactly what one has to set to use with the DJI GO App.
I remember that you have to go into the Developer mode and set USB Debugging to ON, I think, and USB Configuration to MTP.

Is there anything else one has to set as my Nvidia just won't connect to the RC. The DJI GO App runs OK, allows me to select the Phantom 3 Standard drone and enter "Camera" but then the screen just shows "Disconnected". See photo.

The drone flies just fine but obviously only visually as my screen is blank.

IMG_9392.jpg

Strange... I use this tablet with my drone and have never had to go into a developer-mode and change settings. Perhaps it's a P3 thing only - I have a P4P?
I do get screen connection issues from time to time, but these are always fixed by turning the controller on and off.

I've never had an issue until I stupidly let the RC battery go too low and it wouldn't charge. I fixed that by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and then re connecting. Charges 100% now but then this issue raised its ugly head!
Drone flies just fine!

Unfortunately, Nvidia stopped updating, and discontinued the Shield K1 Tablet sometime after 2016, in favor of a desktop gaming device. It's soft/firm ware is no longer compatible w/advances to DJI GO, Litchi, etc. Having been the proud owner of this top dog DJI drone monitor, I sadly found this out by experiencing same or similar problems discussed here. I replaced my K1 w/a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, which is recognized by DJI for the Mav 3 and the DJI Fly app. There are many other approved monitoring devices at Phantom Help > Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help.

I have been flying my P3A with the Shield since 2016, in fact only last week so there is no software issue. My problem is that the RC is not connecting to the Shield as it was last week, something has gone kaput!

Try clearing the cache on the app you're using (e.g., DJI GO)

Unfortunately, Nvidia stopped updating, and discontinued the Shield K1 Tablet sometime after 2016, in favor of a desktop gaming device. It's soft/firm ware is no longer compatible w/advances to DJI GO, Litchi, etc. Having been the proud owner of this top dog DJI drone monitor, I sadly found this out by experiencing same or similar problems discussed here. I replaced my K1 w/a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, which is recognized by DJI for the Mav 3 and the DJI Fly app. There are many other approved monitoring devices at Phantom Help > Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help.
I still use the Shield K1 with P3P, P4P, Mavic Pro and Mavic Air.
The K1 is on Android 7.0
Installed are:
DJI GO v3.1.61
DJI GO 4 v4.3.37
Litchi v4.20.0_Beta
Everything works as expected.

Are there any "settings" one has to make on the Shield, like in Developer mode? What have you got set to what?
Mine worked just fine last week!! Thought I might have changed some setting without realising it?

Anybody out there fly with a Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet please?
I've been using mine for years but think I might have changed some of the settings by accident and can't remember exactly what one has to set to use with the DJI GO App.
I remember that you have to go into the Developer mode and set USB Debugging to ON, I think, and USB Configuration to MTP.

Is there anything else one has to set as my Nvidia just won't connect to the RC. The DJI GO App runs OK, allows me to select the Phantom 3 Standard drone and enter "Camera" but then the screen just shows "Disconnected". See photo.

The drone flies just fine but obviously only visually as my screen is blank.

View attachment 123303
when I was selling my P3P with the K1 tab and had a problem getting the P3P to work, it was you that suggested that I update the dji app, I know your problem is different but by updating the DJI app it worked for me.

as your post was a few weeks ago I expect you have sorted it out by now

It turned out to be a problem in the Remote Control, probably the USB Interface port. Sent it all up to Drone Optix who confirmed this and I bought a refurbished Remote from them for £99.99. They tested everything, flew the drone with the Shield, and expecting it back tomorrow.
Once I receive it back I will sell the whole thing and upgrade/downsize, possibly a DJI Mini 2.

It turned out to be a problem in the Remote Control, probably the USB Interface port. Sent it all up to Drone Optix who confirmed this and I bought a refurbished Remote from them for £99.99. They tested everything, flew the drone with the Shield, and expecting it back tomorrow.
Once I receive it back I will sell the whole thing and upgrade/downsize, possibly a DJI Mini 2.
as I said I sold my P3P ang K1 tab (I wanted to keep the Nvidia K1 but not compatable with the mini 2 so I got a samsung tab A 8", (2019) that is conpatable with the mini 2, I'm more impressed with the mini 2, a lot better than the Phantoms I've had in the past.
if you do go for a mini 2 I'm sure you'll really enjoy it

Now THAT is good to know as I am also looking to down size / upgrade to the Mini 2 so good to know that the Shield is not compatible! I can sell it with the drone. I'll look at the Samsung Tab A 8". Also good to know that the Mini controller will support a larger tablet.
Thanks

all I had to get was this extender to fit the controller, quick attachment ,so easy and cheap on ebay,

eBay item number:

Cheers Mate. Now just need to sell the P3A and find a Mini 2 at a price I can afford😎😎

Last edited:
at our age in my thinking is if I want something I just get it, life's too short to worry about things, just go for it.
as soon as the mini 2 came out I read all about it and just got the fly more combo, that was before I'd sold my P3P.
I'm sure you'll be over the moon with it.
years ago I used to build my own multicopters and for about 2 years I must have built about 7 or 8 tricopters they were 1 mt diameter plus about a dozen quadcopters 14|" dia. now down to the mini 2, so small but more advanced, how technology has changed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.