Nvidia shield K1

Once done, you've enabled developer options. The click to go back and there will be an option called developer options. Click on it and make sure that usb debugging is not enabled. That's it!

OK, did that. Now, should I turn off the developer options again or will that negate the usb debugging disable thingie?

I'm looking to get a HDMI cable for my shield (in post) to connect to my headplay goggles, is the HDMI socket on the shield K1 a mini or a micro socket?

just got my shield K1 16gb, and there looks like there might have been a place to put a micro sd card in but there's a tab in the opening, so is there no way to increase the size of data capabilities

just got my shield K1 16gb, and there looks like there might have been a place to put a micro sd card in but there's a tab in the opening, so is there no way to increase the size of data capabilities
The "tab" is a dust cover. Once you move it you can insert your micro sd card

The tab is kind of a PIA to pull out the first couple of times. I used a small screwdriver to pop it out. It's easier now.;)

well I managed to get the tab open then inserted a micro sd card in, it didn't feel like a normal card being inserted,no spring pressure like normal, it just fell in below the edge so I never pushed it in any further, you are sure it's ok to push a micro card into the slot?because I don't see how you'd ever get it out again,
I've just had a good look down inside the slot and agree with you that it 's a sd slot but is it normal for the card to go right down and difficult to get out again, not like the normal where you push in then it pops out

Last edited:
well I managed to get the tab open then inserted a micro sd card in, it didn't feel like a normal card being inserted,no spring pressure like normal, it just fell in below the edge so I never pushed it in any further, you are sure it's ok to push a micro card into the slot?because I don't see how you'd ever get it out again,
I've just had a good look down inside the slot and agree with you that it 's a sd slot but is it normal for the card to go right down and difficult to get out again, not like the normal where you push in then it pops out

Yeah, just cut the end off of a round toothpick to push the card a little to release it. Then use your fingernails to pluck it out. I also use the toothpick tool to push it in until it latches.

Good luck, Jim

Just push it in till it locks in place.

thanks you for all your post, it's now given me confidence to shove it in;)

well I shoved it in gold contacts towards the back of the pad,correct? and I had a hell of a job to get it out, I pressed it in but it didn't spring back so I had to get a very small screwdriver and get it out but now the card doesn't work any more, lesson learned, as I'm only using the shield for fpv on my phantom I'll have to rely on the sd card in the p3p for videos and photos

Last edited:
A small piece of leccy tape 2 the top of the card.1/4x1/4 leaving 1/8 sticking up.now I can push it in and have something to pull it out with. It works perfectly

i just bought one at ebay (200 us)

i hope its as good as i read :)

I'm on the fence Nvidia or Samsung pro

one thing in favor of the Nvidia is that it has got a HDMI socket if you need it for goggles or headplay

and for guys that cannot delete photos from the shield K1,
this is how to do it

go to settings/ storage & usb/ sd card/ explore/ dcim/ camera/ select photo, hold for 2 -3 seconds/ dustbin top right/reboot

Last edited:
Really digging the k1 hdmi port and the ability to plug in the k1 right into tv and watch my recordings on the big screen

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl