Nvidia Shield K1. .

Reaction score
What’s a good tablet for phantom 3 standard.
Currently fly my phantom with a I phone6 plus,
But on a sunny day and evening a cloudy days it’s hard to see the drones display on my phone.
Is this Nvidia shield k1 any brighter??
Thanks

But on a sunny day and evening a cloudy days it’s hard to see the drones display on my phone.
Thanks
Although a bit dated now, this should answer your question (scroll down to table):-

You might find scrolling through some of these search results useful too...

You could consider using a sun hood as well...

Last edited:
Unless you pay for a DJI Crystalsky monitor or one of the few other high brightness screens, all phones and tablets can be difficult to see clearly in bright sunlight.
Flying from the shade of a nice tree, wall etc helps in bright conditions.

You can check the brightness of the Shield and most others here: Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help

Also, wear dark clothes. Shirt, jacket, etc. to darken reflection on screen.

No

I used a Shield K1 until the display died a couple years ago. The only advantage to the K1 these days is that it has an HDMI out port. I'd like to still have one but I'm not paying the price for a 5 or 6 year old tablet... there are much better new tablets for just a little more.

Unless you want something brighter that's on the more expensive Crystalsky, (2000 nits) the Samsung higher end phones are 1000 nits, about as bright as they go.

Thanks

The Winnovo T10 Tablet with micro-hdmi and micro-usb ports is a new tablet that I use for my Mavic Mini. When I bought it it was $110, after my review video, it has gone up to $115. There is no lag just flying with the Skyview Goggles plugged in. If you run other apps in the background like screen recorder, there will be a tiny bit of lag.

This is for flying FPV with goggles plugged in and to have an upgrade from the nvidia. It has 3GB RAM vs 2GB.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

tablet link: Amazon.com : Tablet 10 Inch Android 9.0 - Winnovo T10 Tablets PC WiFi 3GB RAM 32GB Storage Quad-Core Processor IPS HD Display Dual Camera GPS Bluetooth HDMI FM (Blue) : Computers & Accessories

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is also a solution to fly the Mavic Mini (and other drones) with the DJI Goggles. As this DJI Support video states at time 1:58, you can connect the goggles to the phantom remote's hdmi port via hdmi cable, for example. Get the hdmi to micro-hdmi adapter in my video's description link, connect that to the hdmi cable included with the goggles. Use this cable to connect to the tablet's micro-hdmi port, and you should be set! You won't have head tracking, but you can use it like any other FPV goggles.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic