NVIDIA SHIELD K 1

Finally! They are available here on Amazon for $199. Get 'em while they're hot. I doubt they'll last too long (like usual).

Hi guys considering one of these instead of an ipad mini 4. Does anyone know if the compass issues with Android 6 have been fixed? And can anyone confirm that this tablet has the same capability as a "cellular" with regards to the GPS ability? Thanks.

Hi guys considering one of these instead of an ipad mini 4. Does anyone know if the compass issues with Android 6 have been fixed? And can anyone confirm that this tablet has the same capability as a "cellular" with regards to the GPS ability? Thanks.

first time that I have seen that question in 6 months----
long ago issue was resolved and really wasn't much of one then...

THERE is NO compass ISSUE !

it is not cellular s o unsure what you mean "same capability"
it has GPS ,
unlike apple stuff that MUST have cellular to have GPS...

first time that I have seen that question in 6 months----
long ago issue was resolved and really wasn't much of one then...

THERE is NO compass ISSUE !

it is not cellular s o unsure what you mean "same capability"
it has GPS ,
unlike apple stuff that MUST have cellular to have GPS...

Excellent news, thanks! Yeah I was thinking it needed cellular to have GPS, like my Samsung Note 8 Tablet (so not just Apple stuff).

Thanks again for confirming!

I have a brand new original Shield tablet and the compass SUCKS!! Its a real shame, for me it would have been the perfect tablet, but since the compass doesn't work its gimped

Reactions: pomonabill220
I have a brand new original Shield tablet and the compass SUCKS!! Its a real shame, for me it would have been the perfect tablet, but since the compass doesn't work its gimped

first,
is it updated to latest android and shield version?

second try to use 360 compass app to set compass

also you say "original"

that is not the K1 if so, similar but not..

Last edited:

Oh no, really? That seems to completely contradict the previous poster?? You've just literally stopped me in my tracks from ordering one!

Oh no, really? That seems to completely contradict the previous poster?? You've just literally stopped me in my tracks from ordering one!

look at how many folks have posted here the last many months saying how well the K1 works and

1 guy says different....

also note the word "original" not K1

look at how many folks have posted here the last many months saying how well the K1 works and

1 guy says different....

With the greatest respect, I sense an attitude from you and I dont like it. Thank you for your input but no need for the smart comments...

With the greatest respect, I sense an attitude from you and I dont like it. Thank you for your input but no need for the smart comments...

sorry , no attitude at all

simply poining out is is one the hottest most used tablets for the phantom.
that is why the OP and posted the topic.

the K1 has been sold out for a while and folks have been waiting for restock.

if one post about a tablet that is negative vs many positive leads you to not do something you would otherwise do that is on you ,
not me.

take care and have fun flying with what ever you buy.

Reactions: stopdroningon

The K1 is the first tablet I had for my P3 and the compass sucked....updated every time, tried all the fixes and still sucked...The compass was always at least 20deg's off and very sporadic...The only thing I miss is the HDMI out...I went to the Ipad pro and didn't look back...I personally think NVIDIA has people here pushing their junk...

sorry , no attitude at all

simply poining out is is one the hottest most used tablets for the phantom.
that is why the OP and posted the topic.

the K1 has been sold out for a while and folks have been waiting for restock.

if one post about a tablet that is negative vs many positive leads you to not do something you would otherwise do that is on you ,
not me.

take care and have fun flying with what ever you buy.
You sound like a NVIDIA salesman...

Dude's trying to help you. Are you really that sensitive? If so, maybe the internet isn't for you.

You sound like a NVIDIA salesman...

fair enough,
but after a year or 2 around you hear the same question s every few weeks like clock work.

if you want a good android that works and is not over priced.
the k1 fits at 200 us.

I am simply answering a question .

also I am not a fan of folks starting unsubstantiated rumors and or issues without ever having used or owned something......

take it or leave it!

The K1 is the first tablet I had for my P3 and the compass sucked....updated every time, tried all the fixes and still sucked...The compass was always at least 20deg's off and very sporadic...The only thing I miss is the HDMI out...I went to the Ipad pro and didn't look back...I personally think NVIDIA has people here pushing their junk...

did you update yesterday?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic