Now this a first

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

This road outside me place and its empty
Made a great chance for street flight..had rc car out here yesterday but bit loud for this quite area.nice day to be stuck at home ?
DJI_0024.JPG

Ha yeh couple nearly caught me out only cause car came up the street so had to pull up and judged the gap just right,,probably a fluke I not hit the wires,thanks stay safe and well too ?

Our governor told us to go out and enjoy a state park, take hikes or go fishing. WV, state parks are always free. WV. state parks allow drones. The governor waived fees for fishing, so no one needed a fishing license to fish. We went fishing Saturday. Sunday, we went to a state park about 15 minutes away. There were some people, but everyone kept their distance. Of course families were together. This is Valley Falls State Park. There's some good fishing there, except the water a little murky from the rain the night before.
DSC_8571r.jpg

It's not hard to keep your distance. We aren't populated like most states. This is a picture off my front porch Saturday. He was strutting around for 3 hens. It's a little blurry, but it's fun to get them showing off.

DSC_8551r.jpg

You are lucky WV. All the state parks here (Florida) are closed due to the virus stuff.

Restaurants are take out, drive through, or delivery only.

It's amazing how you get ready to go out to eat and realize you can't have a 'sit-down' dinner anymore. Didn't really think about that until it happened........and you don't miss it until it's gone. Changing world.

Stay safe and healthy my friend. [emoji106][emoji40]

Ah gobble gobble,,he's cool,pretty big to,nice pics,,yeh our lockdown bit weird we can go supermarket in a single file line,,one or 2 instore at a time,,,we allowed to go walk but sposed to stay in our neighborhood but many dog walkers and kids about in their own so called bubble,,,we have also pretty much keep off the water so coastguards dont break their bubble to go rescue,,told not to go beaches or any gatherings,,2 mtr rule from someone else outside your bubble,,the word thing is some trains and buses still operate ,,gotta work from home,most sorta just stay home from what I seen and heard which good but some still flaunt it and police open hotline to dob in people who break rules,,ha I even saw a tennis game going on when I drive past,,nothing really is open so just easy to stay home,,,the above picture I had 2 conversations with people fascinated by drone but talked at distance.....oh no takeaways open here,,they all close down which makes for pie from gas station,,that's still open,,,,,also most that walk around here not even wear a mask ,seen couple with mask on ,,most dont unless they have a cough ?

Last edited by a moderator:
We have all drive through and take outs open. Maybe a quarter of the people wear mask. We get our prescriptions at Walmart(our superstore) which has quite a few people in it. No more relaxing eat in restaurants. Now we actually have to cook and eat at home. LOL We had NZ lamb for supper.
Bbhhhaaaa lol how was it ? I dont eat much meat,,I am hanging out for takeaways and it's only been a week,,,unless it a essential business like emergency or supermarket or gas everything has been forced to close so half of them wont ever reopen,,like most smaller countries this going to be a long ride,,they now talk about 9 months,,phew,,I hope it not that long but we just dont know,,numbers here are still rising so it has not peaked here yet ..lots job losses already,some getting paided during lockdown period while other smaller outfits have to let staff go and close up,,pretty sad,,cant wait for rock bottom to start rising again ?

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Here in Europe we've gone through that recreation period already. It was really nice. But now we must stay at home, not going out at all. Just to the closest shop for the food and that's it.
It is possible that such hard restrictions are on the way for you too when you'll have a million infected people.
Or hopefully the virus will diminish its power of spreading .

The misses and I are in the So. Calif desert at an RV park, full hookups. It's been good to explore surrounding points of interest that are still have gates open, however those have no people around, which is good. Lots of interesting places to fly my drones while being isolated, many yards from anyone else. We brought our ebikes along which is fun in the evening temps, riding through the nearby citrus farms, smells great. So far the temps have been under 80F, but this week it's suppose to get into the upper 80's. Secluded in an RV park is not bad, away from the dense population of Orange County where we live. This morning we drove 30mi into Palm Desert Costco and scored a 30 roll pack of toilet paper on senior day. We got paper towels and Clorox wipes too, which are hard to get normally. Hiways are pretty empty of cars, but there are lots of trucks, almost like normal. Life is slow our here in the desert, watching TV, taking online course (fusion 360 currently), and snacking a lot. I think Nutri System will have lost of customers after this is over, everyone will be overweight from doing nothing.

Last edited:
The misses and I are in the So. Calif desert at an RV park, full hookups. It's been good to explore surrounding points of interest that are still open. Lots of interesting places to fly my drones. We brought our ebikes along which is fun in the evening temps, riding through the nearby citrus farms, smells great. So far the temps have been under 80F, but this week it's suppose to get into the upper 80's. Secluded in an RV park is not bad, away from the dense population of Orange County where we live. This morning we drove 30mi into Palm Desert Costco and scored a 30 roll pack of toilet paper on senior day. We got paper towels and Clorox wipes too, which are hard to get normally. Hiways are pretty empty of cars, but there are lots of trucks, almost like normal.
We have had people from California coming to West Virginia and staying in our state park cabins. The governor put a stop to it. Some of the virus cases in WV. were people from other states coming into WV. to get checked and tested positive. I had to get a blood test in the hospital for a doctor there and the place was empty. They had a place setup outside to test people for the virus, but there was no body there.

This road outside me place and its empty
Made a great chance for street flight..had rc car out here yesterday but bit loud for this quite area.nice day to be stuck at home ?
View attachment 117869
I like your picture the amount of visible sky just called out to be to have a little creative fun with your image.
With all the objects in the sky gave me a chance to test and Editor I've been playing with.
Again great photo
DJI_0024_having_Fun.jpg

They had a place setup outside to test people for the virus, but there was no body there.
Yeah, I went through that. I picked up a cough while traveling in AZ and NM in Feb, so I got tested for Covid19 in my car when I got home Feb 12th, just outside my doctor's office. The tests results came back negative fortunately. I have an allergy apparently. Zyrtec helped out. I didn't realize it, but AZ and NM has a super high pollen count this time of year. It's never affected me before, but now it's a problem as I get older.

Our governor told us to go out and enjoy a state park, take hikes or go fishing. WV, state parks are always free. WV. state parks allow drones. The governor waived fees for fishing, so no one needed a fishing license to fish. We went fishing Saturday. Sunday, we went to a state park about 15 minutes away. There were some people, but everyone kept their distance. Of course families were together. This is Valley Falls State Park. There's some good fishing there, except the water a little murky from the rain the night before.
View attachment 117872

It's not hard to keep your distance. We aren't populated like most states. This is a picture off my front porch Saturday. He was strutting around for 3 hens. It's a little blurry, but it's fun to get them showing off.

View attachment 117873
that is an awesome turkey. I live in Arkansas - the Natural State...We have wild turkeys. All that I have seen are nowhere near this size. I don't hunt, so that may be partly why. My spottings have been few and far between. I did see one fly though...short height, and short distance. glad we went with the eagle. The flight looked as awkward as Tim Tebow throwing a football.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31