Not quite getting how the HDR function works

Reaction score
I've searched for this on the forum and elsewhere... Can't seem to find an answer.

I tried out the HDR function today on my P4. I set the camera to HDR mode using the DJI Go app. Then I went up to take a few test shots.

When I press the shutter button on the top right side of the controller, the camera takes a picture. Rather than just make the camera click/whir sound and flicker like in normal photo mode, the screen goes dark for a second or so.

Now, when I do HDR with my regular camera, I take three images of the same scene. One properly exposed, one slightly over exposed and one slightly under exposed. I then combine these images using HDR software.

When I take the images off my Phantom MicroSD card, I don't see multiple exposures. There is no bracketing. I just get single images for each shot I took. They don't seem to be any different than regular images I've been shooting.

Is the HDR thing being done in the camera's firmware?? Or do I need to do something else in order to get three images of the same scene with different exposure values?

I've searched for this on the forum and elsewhere... Can't seem to find an answer.

I tried out the HDR function today on my P4. I set the camera to HDR mode using the DJI Go app. Then I went up to take a few test shots.

When I press the shutter button on the top right side of the controller, the camera takes a picture. Rather than just make the camera click/whir sound and flicker like in normal photo mode, the screen goes dark for a second or so.

Now, when I do HDR with my regular camera, I take three images of the same scene. One properly exposed, one slightly over exposed and one slightly under exposed. I then combine these images using HDR software.

When I take the images off my Phantom MicroSD card, I don't see multiple exposures. There is no bracketing. I just get single images for each shot I took. They don't seem to be any different than regular images I've been shooting.

Is the HDR thing being done in the camera's firmware?? Or do I need to do something else in order to get three images of the same scene with different exposure values?

if you use AEB 3 or 5 you will see either 3 or 5 shots. if you use HDR it will combine them for you automatically and get 1 photo

for landscape photography i almost always use AEB 5 and see dramatic differences between that and a single still.

That's why it goes black on HDR, this is normal, it's because it's processing the 3 shots, it's HDR, compare to a regular shot, HDR is great compared to regular. I'm glad it doesn't take 3 and keep them, it takes 3, combines then tosses extra info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik