Not Just DJI?

Reaction score
I've been scrolling the iOS app store looking at many of the drone apps. Most aren't rated at all and the ones that are, with a few exceptions, hover around two stars. My P34K works just fine and I'm hoping for the best for the P3P that's on it's way. All these complaints and low ratings can't all be chalked up to operator error, can they? These are just observations from an inexperienced greenhorn who doesn't pretend to know much of anything.

Sometimes the SDK (Software Development Kit) that DJI provides to app makers is screwed up much like the DJI firmware or GO apps at times (ahem!). When it happens, apps like Litchi and Hangar's Autopilot who use the DJI SDK often post about it on their sites, but it's often too late for ones who crash or fail to operate as they should. Hence, people will complain about it not working right and score accordingly Catch 22 at times.

Sometimes the SDK (Software Development Kit) that DJI provides to app makers is screwed up much like the DJI firmware or GO apps at times (ahem!). When it happens, apps like Litchi and Hangar's Autopilot who use the DJI SDK often post about it on their sites, but it's often too late for ones who crash or fail to operate as they should. Hence, people will complain about it not working right and score accordingly Catch 22 at times.

Makes sense. Garbage in=Garbage out.

Litchi is a very solid app, but it is of course governed by the SDK release from DJI as mentioned above. I use Litchi about 50% of the time, and Autopilot 5%, and DJI the rest.
The rest I never even bother testing, or even downloading.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West