Not getting the distance I should be?

Something to think about when flying down a ditch line, between houses, don't if you can help it. Fly over every thing, don't be afraid to get some height on your bird when you initially take off and get your bird out in front and I would say at least 40 meters (120 feet) in height, as a minimum depending on height of trees, you want to fly over the trees and still have line of sight on the bird. Next, ditches can have all kinds of power lines, phone lines, water lines, gas lines, etc running their length and buried. So, for a low flying Phantom, they can cause major flight problems. I know, I have had my P2 do a couple of crashes because of them and don't forget barbed wire fences with steel angle iron posts. The P2 taught me how to fly my P3P and P3S and what to be careful of and around.

So, all in all, stay well above houses and trees when flying.
Yeah when I fly back there i stay well above all trees and any objects I could hit luckily for me there are no power lines etc. But overall I definently don't do any low flying until I come in for a landing.

Interesting thread. I'm currently torn between the Standard and the Advanced with the range being my biggest/primary concern. The $500 sale price makes the Standard really tempting. I'm just trying to decide if I can justify the extra $300 for the Advanced...

I've read a little about the DBS mod. How well does it actually work and how expensive is it?
Couldnt give you an answer on the dbs mod simply because mine is still stock. But I see other people have awesome results with it. If youve got the extra 300 id say get it but if your on a budget I think you will be happy with the standard.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4