North Coast 500 - Applecross Pass

Reaction score
Some footage from the NC500 route at Applecross Pass. Completed the route with my sons last week, beautiful scenery and awesome driving experience. There was a bit of a lull in the generally very busy traffic on the great road, so hot my son to drive car up and down a stretch of the toad. I flew the drone with another one of my sons next to me as an extra pair of eyes as I wanted to do some low level stuff. I commented to him that we would have to watch out for the electricity cables, to which he replied there are none connected to the poles, I said are you sure and he replied yeah positive. Anyway good flight and footage, however on the final run back to me I hit one of the cables that were not there crashing into the rocks. Fearing the worst me and my sons retrieved the bits and pieces. As it happened apart from a broken prop, lost dampers and a broken corner on the gimbal plate I got off lightly. Shell has some scrapes and scores and scores but has flown well on a number of occasions since. A lucky escape I think.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20