Normal Fan Operation

Reaction score
The fan in my P4A stops/starts alot and sometimes doesn't run at all. Is this normal due to a thermostat or something, or is it faulty and needs to be running full time?

The fan in my P4A stops/starts alot and sometimes doesn't run at all. Is this normal due to a thermostat or something, or is it faulty and needs to be running full time?
Yip should first hear fan on power up,that's it self test,,this inside one of me p4s,,this complete gimble unit with cam comes off very easy and fan right there,you could check where it goes onto board,if smell burnt might need new board,if looks ok and fan spin nice and free,I would remove or poke pin into wire and join wires from small batt to pins in wire to test it working,,,it's normal for it to start and stop but if no self test on start up this what I would try
1562962912477-1262691928.jpg

Reactions: Capt KO
Forgot this pic of under sticker on fan,,should add only 9v fan so use small batt to test so don't burn it out
15629716855241030058692.jpg

A new fan is cheap. Replacing it is plug and play. If it still acts up, you’ve got a nice fan with a malfunctioning control board which you would of had to replace anyway. But probably not.

Replace the fan.

I know this may be a little old but not much, so this is just additional info in case someone is searching for possible solutions. I am now having a problem of my fan not working in my P4P. I thought the fan had bit the dust so I got the info off of the one in the P4P. ADDA Corp., Ltd. But, after I opened my P4P I noticed the ground wire was just barely touching the board. When I touched the wire with my tweezers (to check if it was making a good connection) it came loose from the board. It appears that when they put the silicon on top of the board connection, the silicon didn't quite cover the ground wire. I haven't attempted to re-solder it yet as I just found it minutes before I came on the forum. But if that isn't work, I'll test the fan to see if I need a new fan or board. I'll come back on here and post what I find out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20