Non-profits in need of drones?

Reaction score
I have a new, unopened DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Although it would be fun, I do not have the time to learn how to fly it. Rather than sell it, are there non-profit organizations that would be able to give this a good home? I searched the web but did not find any suitable resources. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and would prefer to give the drone to a local school or non-profit organization. Any suggestions?

How about a local first responder search & rescue crew. Seems to be a lot of natural disasters that occur in California and a drone would probably be useful to them.

How about a local first responder search & rescue crew. Seems to be a lot of natural disasters that occur in California and a drone would probably be useful to them.

I doubt they’d have much use for a phantom 3 std. the range on those things is spotty at best, and they’d probably need at least an inspire one to put thermal on it.

What’s wrong with that?

There may be Schools that are interested in the technology and how it works and for what use drones can be best be used for outside of just s hobby?

What better place to learn how to use one properly and in accordance to the rules in stead of putting into the hands of those that ruin if for everybody else!

Reactions: bad karma
I doubt they’d have much use for a phantom 3 std. the range on those things is spotty at best,,

Range is fine for a FD as we don't fly more than a hundred yards when flying for the FD here. Also they could use it to teach new pilots as opposed to risking more expensive platforms.

and they’d probably need at least an inspire one to put thermal on it.

There's a LOT more to flying for the FD than "just" thermal. I've flown dozens of flights in support of our local FDs and I don't currently own any thermal options. Situational Awareness is VERY important and we fly Standards, Pros, and a Mavic weekly for FD.

Range is fine for a FD as we don't fly more than a hundred yards when flying for the FD here. Also they could use it to teach new pilots as opposed to risking more expensive platforms.

There's a LOT more to flying for the FD than "just" thermal. I've flown dozens of flights in support of our local FDs and I don't currently own any thermal options. Situational Awareness is VERY important and we fly Standards, Pros, and a Mavic weekly for FD.
Maybe take it down to the VA hospital nearest you... They're always looking for therapeutic tools and it's hard to find a worthier cause. Many combat vets carry a lot of guilt and learning new skills and regaining value can be very helpful. 22 of us take our lives every day. You could make a difference for someone.

I have a new, unopened DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Although it would be fun, I do not have the time to learn how to fly it. Rather than sell it, are there non-profit organizations that would be able to give this a good home? I searched the web but did not find any suitable resources. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and would prefer to give the drone to a local school or non-profit organization. Any suggestions?
Thanks for thinking of ways to better your world. Some people will scoff at that but I'm proud of you for making an effort. Thank you.

If you are interested in giving to a school I'm a Career and Tech Ed. teacher in Mpls. I am currently developing a course for 8th graders and we are going to reverse engineer mini drones and 3D CAD new shells for them so each kid has a custom drone.

If you are interested, I can pay shipping and provide you a letter so you can deduct the donation on your taxes.
Thank you for your donation to public service no matter who gets it!

I have a friend in Plaquemine La
She searched out old Slave graves
She cleans and restores the graves for viewing

All on her own dime or volunteers

She would be astounded with a drone

She cuts her way thru forest and tries to find them

This would be very helpful

I’ll donate my time to Pilot it for her

Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.