No video signal

this brings back horrible memories for me. The same thing happened to me about 8 weeks ago. Here is what happened, and how I inadvertently fixed it:
1. Calibrated compass, 16 satellites, took off
2. About 1/8 mile down range at 300 feet, got red warning: "no signal" at top of app.
3. Panicked. Pressed return to home button.. actually press and hold button
4. Phantom returned safely withing a few feet of take off point
5. Went inside to figure things out
6. Looked all over the planet via internet searches for reason, and possible fix
7. repeatably tried to re-establish RC to Phantom connection. Did not succeed in probably 20 attempts
8. Read horror stories of sending it back to DJI as the only fix. I began to sink deeper into hopelessness, which prompted inverse reaction to fix the bloody thing!
9. Re-installed RC and drone firmware.. did not work
10. Calibrated the IMU.. did not work
11. Re-linked (bind) the Phantom with the RC. Had to push that little button.. watch green led.. etc. After re-binding, still no success
12. At this point, I was feeling defeated. Decided to try my Nexus 7 as an experiment
13. Connected Nexus 7... connection was established! Formerly using Droid Turbo Two smart phone
14. Reset everything.. powered down and up about 8 times to make sure it wasn't a fluke.. no fluke! The problem simply went away
15. re-connected the Droid, and still no problem!
16. I have been flying happily ever since without any problems

So, what can I conclude about all this? Well, it might have been the re-binding since that was the last thing I tried. But.. and it's a big BUT.. but if I had tried the Nexus 7 initially, would that have magically fixed the problem? I'll never know. The bottom line here is that these things are certainly not 100 percent reliable. There is this little doubt I have when flying that keeps me in check from taking risks. I personally do not care about the money lost if I crash. I am terrified however in the liability I'll face if I cause damage or injury by a fly away or some other malfunction. You might want to follow the steps I took, or maybe just try a different tablet to jog the connection back to working? I wish you the best of luck. I know how you must feel right now.

PS. I forgot to mention an important point. I had control over motors and everything else, just no video feed to my tablet. Sorry I did not mention this earlier.

I had the same! Got my p3a a few dats ago. Had to update to the latest firmware, did a few flights and then no video signal.. Didnsome reflashes and downgades and everything worked again. Hope it will stick for now. Also the camera was always limp when the error occured.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20