No Take-off Event, Need Help Figuring it Out!

for stuck compass, I turn the drone up side down and hit the bottom with a screw driver few firm hit. If problem still exist, follow this video for repair
Thanks for your reply.
Don't think I want to be flipping my drone over and hitting it with a screw driver -may cause more problems. I flew two batteries today and my P3S started up right away and flew normally so maybe it was an intermittent problem.

When I did a search for Compass Stuck lots of results came up. I have read through a few so far and it appears like this can be an intermittent problem. I'm going to keep an eye on my P3S and the next time I have trouble getting the motors started, I'll know what might be causing it.

Chris

Reactions: BudWalker
Thanks for your reply.
When I did a search for Compass Stuck lots of results came up. I have read through a few so far and it appears like this can be an intermittent problem. I'm going to keep an eye on my P3S and the next time I have trouble getting the motors started, I'll know what might be causing it.

Chris
All of those threads/posts pertain to the P3 Standard. Maybe it has a different kind of compass than the P3A or P3P. I noticed this in the eventLog stream
-217.318 : 0 IST8303[2:0x1e]:compass_type = COMPASS_IST8310
whereas there is no declaration for the compass type in the eventLog stream for the P3A.

All of those threads/posts pertain to the P3 Standard. Maybe it has a different kind of compass than the P3A or P3P. I noticed this in the eventLog stream
-217.318 : 0 IST8303[2:0x1e]:compass_type = COMPASS_IST8310
whereas there is no declaration for the compass type in the eventLog stream for the P3A.

My P3S flew fine yesterday, but I will be keeping an eye on things for the next while. If eventually my compass fails, it doesn’t seem like it would be too hard to replace or too expensive.

I’m thankful that when I got the error, it wouldn’t let me take off. If it got stuck once in the air, that could have caused lots more problems that could possibly have resulted in a lost or damaged AC.

Chris

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj