No Red or Green light emitting from PV2+ camera after crash

Reaction score
PV2+ dropped out of air from 50' shortly after low level battery warning. No real physical damage but hit hard on landing gear knocked out battery.
Now Connection to Phantom failed and no red or green light emitting from camera module. No telemetry is showing up on phone. I removed top shell and unpluged and replugged as many cable as possible including the four wire often referred to. What next? Im assuming that the camera is not getting power. The bird fires up and flies. Should I try to rebind even without power? take apart the camera and gimbal case? Also I did have an SD card in the camera when it crashed. Thank for any help or suggestions in advance.

I would calibrate the IMU

I did the IMU advanced calibration and no luck.

I've noticed that the wifi unit unit in the bird is really warm to the touch.I put the infrared thermo on it and got 112 degrees off of it. Is that a normal tempt? it was taken in a room tempt setting.

Also, any suggestions on measuring voltage that feeds the camera? I'm guessing its the four wire connector.

If no LED lights then most likely no power to the gimbal board or the gimbal is dead. Sounds like that the main arm may of crushed the gimbal board.

Try:
1. Inspecting the 2 wide cables from the Phantom to the gimbal board. This bridges power to the camera and gimbal.
2. Do half the H33D mod to test if the wifi module is working. look for the widest cable attached to the wifi module. Follow that down to gimbal end. Take the gimbal end and plug it directly to the CAM port. This will then power the wifi module. You can then try and connect via your ANDROID phone. If you get battery/sat/sd info etc then your wifi module is intact and working.

PV2+ dropped out of air from 50' shortly after low level battery warning. No real physical damage but hit hard on landing gear knocked out battery.
Now Connection to Phantom failed and no red or green light emitting from camera module. No telemetry is showing up on phone. I removed top shell and unpluged and replugged as many cable as possible including the four wire often referred to. What next? Im assuming that the camera is not getting power. The bird fires up and flies. Should I try to rebind even without power? take apart the camera and gimbal case? Also I did have an SD card in the camera when it crashed. Thank for any help or suggestions in advance.
I agree check the small gray in the camera that goes to the phantom,

Ok, I know it's been a long time since this last post but I'm still trying to figure this dead camera/gimbal situation out. I've searched for an h3-h2 gimal tutorial and have'nt been able to find one that I can follow. I've uploaded some pictures of what I did. I'm trying to follow Mako79 's instructions to see if my wifii is the culprit. Does this look right? I removed the lead from the gimbal unit and plugged it into the camera port on thePhantoms main circuit board after removing the two wire plug that was plugged in originally. After I fired up pv2+, transmitter, wifii extender and phone I didn't get any telemetry. Did I do this right and does this mean my wifii is bad?
IMG_9818.png
IMG_9819.jpg
IMG_9821.jpg

It looks dead to me. None of the telemetry is showing.

Mako79, thanks for the quick reply. Does it like like I unplugged and replugged the proper wire connections to test the wifii module?
I also tried pinging the wifii module with my laptop. 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.2, and 192.168.1.10 as in this other thread.

"How to diagnose broken DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Wi-Fi FPV module:

turn on vision+, extender, smartphone, dji vision app, see blank live video screen
using notebook/pc connect to Wi-Fi network "Phantom_xxxxx"
ping 192.168.1.2
If ping succesfull, your wifi-extender is alive and can connect to Phantom's Wi-Fi (binding is ok). If ping fails - go no further, you are doing something wrong. Take a pause, drink coffee, think about getting some background in networking technologies, windows, etc (joke).
ping 192.168.1.1
If ping succesfull, TOP PCB board of Wi-Fi FPV module is alive
ping 192.168.1.10
If ping succesfull, BOTTOM PCB BOARD of WI-Fi FPV module is alive.
If ping fails - bottom PCB board (marked WM301_DM368) is broken"

My results the first two IP adresses received pings but the third IP address failed making me believe the botton pc board of the wifii module is bad, HOWEVER I decided to turn off PV2+ and reping and I got the same results?? I guess I'm pinging something other than the PV2+. Again the gimbals red or green light is not illuminating. Sorry this is so long

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl