No record video

Reaction score
I have video in the DJI GO app but the record video is grayed out. The gimbal works fine but the indicator does not display gimbal postion. Tried three different SD cards, two of them new. The app. formated all three cards but displays zero bytes. Litchi, on my IPAD will fly the drone fine but there's no video. Whew.....

Well, I needed a good card anyhow. I'll probably end up sending the gimbal/camera assy. back to DJI. Nothing makes much sense at this point.

Did it used to work?

Then it quit?

Rod

Yes it used to work. The status LED on the gimbal indicates a constant green, red when I remove the card. GO app. shows video, Litchi app does not show video.
So far, I’ve formated three SD cards with the apps and checked them on a PC. All cards were formated with the proper folders on them.
How could the camera format the card and not record?? Both apps show zero storage. The strange thing to is the gimbal postion on both apps do not work. I will get my new SCDISK Extreme today.

Last edited:
"The strange thing to is the gimbal postion on both apps do not work"
But it works via remote control?

Do you get Telemetry data, signal strength, number of satellites?

"The gimbal works fine but the indicator does not display gimbal postion'
I didn't catch this on your first post, you are not getting the data back from the camera.

Rod

Everything is normal. The drones flys fine, all telemetry is present, just no video record and no gimbal position indication. Reloaded the apps, both Litchi and DJI GO.
DJI must have a considerable amount of repair work going on with all the drones they have produced. To me, it makes sense that they would have a limited diagnostics program available. This would enable the owner to first make sure they have a problem worth sending the unit in for repair. The Phantom 3 standard is now their bottom of the line drone yet very little is known about it from a technical standpoint. No schematics, nothing. I haven’t even seen a good block diagram.
It makes no sense to send a gimbal/camera assy to them, or worse, the whole drone, for repair if you simply have a cable problem going from the assembly to the body of the drone.

Last edited:
OK, think I found the problem..... the grey ribbon cable. It's intermittant. Apparently that one outside conductor carries a data signal of some kind. If the gimbal indicator is not working, you camera will probably not record either. I'm ording a new cable today.

Reactions: RodPad
Please, give us your results!

Rod

I ordered a new gray ribbon cable that connects the gimbal assy. to the drone body. One particular wire in the cable was intermittant, mostly in the failure mode. I figure it out by watching my apps' gimbal indicator and noticed that it would intermittantly update the gimbal position when I wiggled the cable. Eventually I narrowed it down by just holding the cable in a given positon and watching the app. It was an outside lead/wire on the gimbal connector end, on the end of the connector that has two unfilled connector slots. Changin it was no picnic. **** near had to disassemble the whold drone!!

Reactions: RodPad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers