No power to gimbal

Reaction score
After a crash, the propellers spin up, led lights work, and the wifi signal to the DJI app work fine. However after I power on the battery there is no blinking indicator light on the gimbal and there is no movement of the gimbal motors at all. It is like it is dead. I have taken everything apart to inspect for damage. What I noticed is that the swing arm is stuck and looks like it pressed up into the pcb a little. Does slight damage to the pcb cause a loss in power? I did not notice any obvious rips or tears in the ribbon cable. I will find a separate stand alone power source to run the gimbal this weekend to help trace the problem.

Any other advice out there on how to trouble shoot this loss in power?

Thank you for the link! I will explore...
So here are the pictures I took when taking everything a part and inspecting the damage.
image01.jpg
image02.jpg
image03.jpg
image4.jpg
image5.jpg
image6.jpg
image7.jpg

I think your 3 arrows are correctly pointing out the problem.

hunch is a member here. You may want to start a conversation with him and link back to this thread.

You're out of my league with your bird. Look at my signature.

very hard if not impossible to get unless you purchase damaged gimbal from someone that has a working main board

It may be the lens on your camera distorting perspective, but in the photo it looks like the gap between the roll motor housing and the windings may be inconsistent. The roll motor is the one at the rear when the camera is facing forward. That shaft often gets bent in a crash.

That's in addition to the mainboard.

On Ebay, there's a guy selling a pitch motor board for $65. I PM'ed him to ask if he had a working gimbal main board, and he said he thought he'd have one in a few days. PM me if you want his contact info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic