No more map cache with P4P+?

Reaction score
I just updated my controller to the latest firmware (Version V1.4.1.0) and I no longer see the "Cache Map in the Background" setting on the general settings menu. And the Maps icon on the home screen does nothing. What gives?

I just updated my controller to the latest firmware (Version V1.4.1.0) and I no longer see the "Cache Map in the Background" setting on the general settings menu. And the Maps icon on the home screen does nothing. What gives?

Hi,

I just purchased my P4P+ Obsidian about a month ago and before I realized i needed to upgrade my controller the Map Download icon worked, but after upgrading the controller in line with the quad’s firmware, I now have the same issue.

Have you called DJI Support and asked them if this is going to be fixed on the next firmware upgrade?

Thanks,
Sam

I spent about an hour in a DJI support chat session on Monday (Sep 3). The result of which, was a referral of my issue to the engineering team. I have not heard back from them yet.

One thing I noticed while investigating this issue is a discrepancy in the version numbers for the Pro+ Controller from what is stated in the release notes:

Overview
  • Date:2018.03.08
  • Firmware: V 01.05.0600
  • Phantom 4 Pro Remote Controller Firmware: V 1.4.1.0
  • Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware: V 1.3.6.0
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: V 4.2.6
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: V 4.2.6

If you notice the Pro+ controller firmware is listed as V 1.3.6.0 and the Pro controller firmware is listed as V 1.4.1.0. What you get in the zip file on the download page for the Pro+ is V 1.4.1.0 and that is what gets installed and displayed in the settings info. I mentioned this to the support rep and he forwarded that on to the engineering team as well.

Hi,
Thanks for this very valuable information. I didn’t notice the version discrepancies- good catch.

If you don’t mind I would be interested in hearing what they tell you when they get back to you.

Cheers,
Sam

Also noticed that icon on the home screen doesn't seem to do anything now. Following this thread.

Well they did want to know what phone I was using with my P4P+...

Which makes me wonder if their "support" staff really know anything at all or are just walking through the closest canned script they can find. Very frustrating.

I'll start another thread and see if I can get someone that knows something about the product.

Well they did want to know what phone I was using with my P4P+...

Which makes me wonder if their "support" staff really know anything at all or are just walking through the closest canned script they can find. Very frustrating.
I hear you. They asked me the exact same question through email support more than once when I was inquiring about the issue with the “Return Home” Intelligent Flight Mode. This was after I specifically listed everything I had in my initial email.

The good news is that a member of their engineering team called me on my cell last night, and he said that they are aware of the map and the Follow Me issues and that they are currently working on a new Firmware release for the middle of November or towards the end of this year.

That's awesome news... Thank you for that update.
I was told I would hear from engineering but I never did.

You didn't happen to ask them about the odd firmware version did you?

That's awesome news... Thank you for that update.
I was told I would hear from engineering but I never did.

You didn't happen to ask them about the odd firmware version did you?

Sorry I didn’t. I was just amazed that they actually called me! I did insure to tell him about the fact that they should have been upfront with the current missing modes on the Mavic 2 Series.

hello

i have also this problem !

i use on my P4P+: RC 1.1.13 with GO4 4.0.6 on Aircraft ....509

i don´t have any maps. no offline and no online ! i don´t will update to a newer firmware. .. i love the FCC+32ch+alt+NFT :)

I had done it somehow 2 days ago .. but I had to do a reset once. since then I can not get it anymore.

1. Does anyone have a tip for this firmware?
2. Is it possible that someone is hosting his complete maps folder on the go4? I would like to try to copy the whole folder via windows explorer on the RC ...
Has anyone tested that?

PS: i would need the cards for europe (germany)

please help

olli

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers