No live video, P3P, before and after update.

Reaction score
Here we go again, another one....
Having not flown the p3p since january, I decided to get it up, but on setup there was no live videao feed to my shield k1 tab. I have now (aventually, as far as I can tell), got the latest firmware on the ship and the forced GO update too, also the rc latest firmware. Loss of video started when there were no forced updates, and I chose not to do voluntary ones, and all worked very nicely, but noted a small amount of jerkiness in live feed when it last worked- about 1 stutter per second. The recorded vids on the sd card show this when played on a lesser pc, also on the tablet, but I found a player that can cope (its a part of ES file explorer for android) and run them smoothly. I get NO connection warnings, and video is recorded to the sd card. I have full control of the gimabal, and all settings and parameters in GO show up as correct. I apologise if this is already on here, (I suppose it is somewhat of an overcooked sausage by now on the forum), but have found limited posts only, and no fixes. All help warmly welcomed! Cheers'n'beers.

I have similar issues with my P4, but different. DJI is telling me the only answer is to send it in. I am not satisfied with that answer and it feels like a money grab. My problem occurred similarly to how yours did. Wish this reply helped you. Sorry.

I would try to connect with another android device or , at least, to reset to factory defaults your k1.

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Just resetting to factory spec now,, see how it goes. Will have to replace forced version of Go again.....! Will post back if I get a result. Just spent 1/2 hr online with dji support, no result except send rc in for repair,,, will look inside before I do and check ant wires are still ok.

Folks, I have Exactly the same problem as described here on my pro. Strangest thing is it worked yesterday, and not today, nothing changed that I am aware of. I had a normal live video feed yesterday at lunch, tried to fly before work this morning and no live video. I have confirmed all firmware is current. As this fellow noted, I have full control of gimbal, with no transmission error messages. and I can take videos and snap pics and have full telemetry, just no live feed, I have tried 3 other devices to no avail. I tried both DJI Go and Litchi neither shows a live feed. I am aware of no difference in apps on my Samsung S7 Phone. This bird has never been crashed or even hard landed.... really at a loss. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer. BTW, I don't understand what " to reset to factory defaults your k1." means as I am new to this. sorry.

I would try to connect with another android device or , at least, to reset to factory defaults your k1.

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app
I have done both. No difference of course. Also FWIW I believe heat is not an issue (as suggested elsewhere) in our climate (UK), the camera heatsink barely got warm to the touch when I did the forced update. Note, however, the problem started 2 months before any updates were attempted. Video one day, gone the next time it was turned on. S'funny all other outputs and telemetry are there, gps puts correct map up, and full hd signal too. So apart from tablet live video, its all good! Bah!!
I think I would try a new camera pcb if anyone knows where I can get a brand new one,(UK, remember folks,,,) but a whole new camera- don't think so. I think it is a scam, the repair shops prolly get them in do a small fix, keep the repaired and fully functioning camera for resale after selling us a full new unit (allegedly, there is a post on here somewhere in which it is claimed that DJI themselves sent a plainly used one back and charged $429).
There has to be a better way, and cheaper. Surely?

Last edited:
As i understood the airborne vtx burns out due to poor design of the lightbridge assembly heatsink. Supposedly if this were the problem with ours, the top of the screen would show video transmission signal weak in red. Mine says all i good in green. As you noted it appears that there is video transmission under the lightbridge channel display. I haven't taken anything apart yet, but am tempted to use my labscope to attempt to follow the video through the board to see if it is getting to the vtx input. The main question i have is if this is a transmission or recieving error. Not sure how to tell. I have only had this for a couple weeks so i am apprehensive about tearing into it. (Bought it on ebay so no recourse)

As i understood the airborne vtx burns out due to poor design of the lightbridge assembly heatsink. Supposedly if this were the problem with ours, the top of the screen would show video transmission signal weak in red. Mine says all i good in green. As you noted it appears that there is video transmission under the lightbridge channel display. I haven't taken anything apart yet, but am tempted to use my labscope to attempt to follow the video through the board to see if it is getting to the vtx input. The main question i have is if this is a transmission or recieving error. Not sure how to tell. I have only had this for a couple weeks so i am apprehensive about tearing into it. (Bought it on ebay so no recourse)
Go for it mate! I bought mine used from ebay. It has just been delivered back from the shop 10 minutes ago, I told them no fix, too expensive. I do not know where the vtx antenna is, at this frequency (what freq. exactly, anyone know? it will be in the Ghz I suppose), so maybe a flat plate antenna, but I note the wire antennas inside the undercarriage, could it be there? Let us know if you have a go. Be brave!!

Go for it mate! I bought mine used from ebay. It has just been delivered back from the shop 10 minutes ago, I told them no fix, too expensive. I do not know where the vtx antenna is, at this frequency (what freq. exactly, anyone know? it will be in the Ghz I suppose), so maybe a flat plate antenna, but I note the wire antennas inside the undercarriage, could it be there? Let us know if you have a go. Be brave!!

WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW!!
I was entertaining a supremely small hope that, having got the drone back from the shop, that it would have been shaken and stirred during postage, and maybe, just maybe, shook something while in transit, giving me my video back. IT BLOODY WELL HAS!!!
Unbelievable. i could have spent nearly £400 on a new camera! of course I am dubious that it will last, plainly there is a loose or bad connection somewhere.
Time will tell, keep any eye on here and I will update periodically.
I simply do not know what to make of this for sure.
I cannot describe my relief, but it is tempered with caution and disbelief.
maybe when they 'tried another camera on it and it worked', they left it on- but it looks the same to me, not box fresh, but very nice order as it was.
time to buy a lottery ticket!!
thanks guys, keep the info coming just in case.
(I dare not turn it off now, lol!!)

WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW!!
I was entertaining a supremely small hope that, having got the drone back from the shop, that it would have been shaken and stirred during postage, and maybe, just maybe, shook something while in transit, giving me my video back. IT BLOODY WELL HAS!!!
Unbelievable. i could have spent nearly £400 on a new camera! of course I am dubious that it will last, plainly there is a loose or bad connection somewhere.
Time will tell, keep any eye on here and I will update periodically.
I simply do not know what to make of this for sure.
I cannot describe my relief, but it is tempered with caution and disbelief.
maybe when they 'tried another camera on it and it worked', they left it on- but it looks the same to me, not box fresh, but very nice order as it was.
time to buy a lottery ticket!!
thanks guys, keep the info coming just in case.
(I dare not turn it off now, lol!!)

Just turned it off and back on, guess what? yep,, no video!!!!!!!!!

Just turned it off and back on, guess what? yep,, no video!!!!!!!!!
Either loose connxion, or a heat issue- something in there is hoplessly delicate, as the camera base was hardly detectably warm to the touch,,,,5 degrees above ambient, I'd say, if that (currently only 9c here, i read on a thread on here about using pc thermo conductive paste somewhere where there are pathetically in adequate sticky pads to cope instead with heat, will have to looki it up. I think its not the vtx output power) transistors, as the signal satys strong, but somewhere towards the encoding or input side. I am waiting for the thing to cool down out side, and will have another go. Stay tuned!

I had the same problem and luckily had two of everything so I could isolate the problem as being with my smart phone.
After playing around with the software, firewall, deleting old files etc, I had a face slap moment and turned my phone off and on.
Sometimes the answer is that simple. It was in my case: I'd outsmarted myself. :flushed:

I had the same problem and luckily had two of everything so I could isolate the problem as being with my smart phone.
After playing around with the software, firewall, deleting old files etc, I had a face slap moment and turned my phone off and on.
Sometimes the answer is that simple. It was in my case: I'd outsmarted myself. :flushed:
No such luck for me! it was on again after I unpacked it from the mail, then simply turning it all off and back on again and its gone. obviously, no settings were changed, or equipment. frustrations!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl