No last four beeps on initial start up on P2

JBK

Reaction score
Last week I had a pilot error and didn't bring my phantom 2 down fast enough before loosing all power due to I ran the battery out with still pretty good altitude . The video shows the p2 using what little power it had while falling ramping up the motors for just a second at at time. This happened about four times before initial impact ! To my amazement I found the p2 about a 100 yards away behind some buildings on its landing gear , two props busted , gimbal wasted ,landing gear pretty shot , but not one mark on the shell or actual motors! Took the shell apart checked everything looked good and no damage inside! Plugged into assistant software to check if there would be any issues pop up when I put power to the phantom and everything seems fine! The P2 is flying fine compass calibrates I have installed the replacement gimbal and all the fpv works! But the p2 does not initiate the last four beeps!! What should I look for so I don't run into issues later? All the esc lights are working !

Usually, the last 4 beeps just mean the ESC is a later version. (Earlier versions only had the ramp-up beeps; later versions added the extra 4 beeps.)
I have no idea why an ESC would change behavior like that.

Edit: I think I got that backwards: Earlier versions had extra 4 beeps. Later versions removed the extra 4 beeps.

Thanks for the reply !! I have a vision plus as well and when I flew it the other day that's when it dawned on me the P2 was not powering up with same sequence!! I watched a utube video of a P2 last night and it had the four last beeps so it got me concerned .. Would there be a version number on my ESC s that would identify the older models from the newer ones so I could confirm these might be older generation ESC s ?

The white sticker on the ESC should have V2.0 if it's the newer type, but the missing beeps after the initial start up sound is the best way to tell.

The copper windings in the newer 2312 motors is a larger wire that's more evenly wrapped versus the older 2212 motors.

You can have the newer V2.0 ESCs and older 2212 motors, but shouldn't have them the other way around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.