No image transmission signal - P3P

If the camera has been sitting for quite a while, the P3P gimbal board has a history of loosing the memory in the nand chip. It will need to be re-flashed.
Hi old post I know but hoping to get an answer.
I lost video feed followed a stalled firmware update, no cooling fan used. Was advised I likely damaged the gimbal board.
I don’t see a replacement around to buy is anybody repairing or flashing the boards ?
Thanks
Barry

Hi old post I know but hoping to get an answer.
I lost video feed followed a stalled firmware update, no cooling fan used. Was advised I likely damaged the gimbal board.
I don’t see a replacement around to buy is anybody repairing or flashing the boards ?
Thanks
Barry
hi, your problem is too common on this thread if u have the skills and a solder iron an ftr32 so guys here will help u help your self , if u dont have any technical knowledge then u need direct help from dji repair shop

Hi ,, I have at least ten P3Pro gimbal boards, gonna try this flash thing. This flashing process was a video in German, here is an updated English youtube link if I am successful I can flash others , and will be selling the boards. Orlandodronerepair.com

Hi Everyone!

I need a good piece of advice, let me explain.

I am new to this forum but I am not new to this scene. (I am repairing drones since 2016, I repaired more than 1000 drones successfully.) I also repaired several P3P gimbal boards with fw extraction and reflashing before these tools (ph3pns etc.) existed.

This time I am also trying to repair a P3P that has no mechanical damage, but it was sitting in its box for a long time. Of course there is no image transmission. I thought I will just reflash and it will work. But not. Here are my findings:

The console log file shows a strange error which I couldn't find on any of the forums. Here is the log: DaVinci Start GetFPGAStatus Err! - Pastebin

The strange error for me is this:

GetFPGAstatus err! FPGA[1,0,1,0]-1.000000:0 hdmi status is 1 ARM Load: 6% Video fps: 7 fps Video bit rate: 0 kbps PHY Bandwidth: 0 kbps Time: 00:00:10 Resolution: 1280x720

(repeating)

Any advice can help so don't hold your suggestions back. This is a non-damaged drone. I also checked and swapped the ofdm module with a known good module. Also measured the gimbal-ofdm ribbon cable, so I don't think it is a connection issue.

The RC has a green light. The gimbal has a green light too.

However in the GO App it says gimbal disconnected so I suspect something is not good with the gimbal board communication-wise.

Of course I tried several SD card methods but it is not recognized.

Do you have any idea where should I continue with the debugging and investigation? Thank you all in advance!

The console log file shows a strange error which I couldn't find on any of the forums. Here is the log: DaVinci Start GetFPGAStatus Err! - Pastebin

The strange error for me is this:

GetFPGAstatus err! FPGA[1,0,1,0]-1.000000:0 hdmi status is 1 ARM Load: 6% Video fps: 7 fps Video bit rate: 0 kbps PHY Bandwidth: 0 kbps Time: 00:00:10 Resolution: 1280x720
You need to look earlier, at kernel boot. You will notice there are two copies of kernel. The primary kernel did not booted - only recovery kernel was able to boot.

You need to fix primary kernel.

I reflashed the NAND with the primary kernel image, you can see my log here. However still the same error occurs when I start the drone.
Any other ideas? I still cannot access USB to reflash everything from there.

So after many tries I think I am stuck.
I replaced the OFDM module 2 times with known good modules - no solution.
I replaced the OFDM - GIMBAL ribbon cable with another one - no solution.
I even replaced the camera module and the gimbal flex module - no solution.

GetFPGAstatus err!
FPGA[1,0,1,0]-1.000000:0
hdmi status is 1
ARM Load: 4% Video fps: 7 fps Video bit rate: 0 kbps PHY Bandwidth: 0 kbps Time: 00:00:46 Resolution: 1280x720

The reason I think that the gimbal board is the culprit is that it still cannot recognize the SD card. Also reading from the serial log it seems to recognize the OFDM module because when I disconnect the OFDM then the gimbal board restarts. When they are connected only the "GetFPGAstatus err!" appears repeatedly.

So maybe there is some problem with Ambarella? I have read that it controls the SD card and also have role in the data flow.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 21
Bem, SunsetCatcher devo muito obrigado a você! Eu tinha uma placa-mãe gimbal P3 Pro antiga com o temido "Dispositivo 08 e 15 não encontrado" mensagem de erro e decidi tentar este método. Soldei meu módulo FTDI de acordo com suas instruções (Boot0 e Boot1 no Gimbal para 3,3V no Gimbal; 5V no FTDI para 5V no Gimbal; Ground no Gimbal para Ground no FTDI; TX no FTDI para 368_U0_RXP no Gimbal; RX no FTDI para 368_U0_TXP no Gimbal; defina o jumper FTDI para lógica de 3,3V). Confirmei que 3,3 V estava presente no cardan com um multímetro e depois conectei-o ao computador. Defina o diretório CMD como C:\ph3pns e siga o tutorial e tudo correu bem. Reconectei a placa-mãe ao drone e pronto! Transmissão de imagem restaurada! OBRIGADO!
help please

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 22
> help please? help please, I don't know what to do

I think every instruction mentions this problem. I even updated mine to make it more clear:

For the future, if the issue you're having seem linked to a specific message on screen, it may be a good idea to ask your favorite search engine that message.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20