No Image Transmission…Had to fly "blind".

Reaction score
Yesterday before I even launched, I had "No Image Transmission" with my P3P sitting on the ground. Sometimes the picture will come in once I get airborne. Yesterday was not the case. I ran through 3 batteries completely flying blind with no image on my screen. I recorded video and took photos as I would normally do except I couldn't see what I was shooting. I flew in 2 different locations and the results were the exact same. What if this was a paid job I was doing? I really need to figure out what happened and how to correct this issue.

It is possible that I have a bad USB cable so I picked up a new cable and will give that a try. I also manually changed to a different channel in the menu and that didn't make a bit of difference.

If anyone has any other suggestions on how I can go about figuring out why I had no image transmission over the course of 3 batteries let me know. Actually the picture did come in for about 3-5 minutes before freezing and turning black and white before going to a complete black screen.

When I got home, I noticed I had an update ready for the RC and another one ready for the Aircraft. I have since updated both and will go out and do a test flight with the new cable to see if the problem is still there or has been fixed.

The videos and photos I took came out fine, I just couldn't see anything while flying.

This happened to a buddy of mine yesterday after updating to latest (7/06/17) FW update. Turned out he had a corrupted SD card. As soon as he swapped it out his video transmission returned to. normal.

Not sure that's your issue, but easy to try & see....

New card completely. Until at least you can run some kind of card repair or recondition software on it. But SD's are so cheap now that if one is acting squirrelly, I'd just toss it.
But for your immediate testing, just swap it for a new one.

And as I say, And that may not be your issue. Just easy to check.

Sometimes The P3P gimbal board overheats and what goes is image transmission. The flight logs will show two 'devices not seen'(I believe 8 and 11 but not sure). Mine cooked after 2 months and DJI fixed that and a motor that wasn't up to code. It is recommended that you keep a fan turned on the bird while running it on the ground for this reason.

. Running 4k also heats up the board more than lower res does, which might make a difference on a hot day.

Let us know what the logs say.

If I need to run the batteries down for storage or non use for over a couple days, I put it on the floor in my basement and start it up - props on- and run it that way. The prop wash creates its own air flow.
Seems to keep cool enough that way.

If I need to run the batteries down for storage or non use for over a couple days, I put it on the floor in my basement and start it up - props on- and run it that way. The prop wash creates its own air flow.
Seems to keep cool enough that way.
Why ? Just set the auto discharge to 1 day and let them discharge on their own.

I have most of mine set to 2 or 3 days. When traveling I know ill need them ready to go. At home if not active I don't want them left at 100% longer than necessary. The auto discharge works- but is very slow...

I have 8 batteries. So if I go out & only I use 2-3 and know I won't be flying for a while, I discharge the others to 50%

I really need to figure out what happened and how to correct this issue
did you have telemetry information in DJI GO?
because sometimes I've got similar problem - everything's working fine and suddenly boom - black screen (no video feed), "No signal" text on top of the screen, but I can still see all the telemetry data, like speed, distance, height, etc...
in this case, problem is not in the AC nor RC, but in the DJI GO itself
solution is simple then: unplug the phone from RC, kill the DJI GO app, plug the phone into RC again and after DJI GO is started, everything will be ok again

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl