NO GPS

Reaction score
Hi, New P3 standard with no satellite signal at all... open area, s1 switch up, Galaxy s4 but tried with newer Iphone and the same, no GPS signal... tried reinstalling djigo app again, still the same.. any ideas?? Thanks in advance

So just to start off, you have the controller connected to the drone via wifi correct? Have you calibrated the compass? Linked the remote to the drone? Just simple things to get out of the way

Reactions: CygnusX1
So just to start off, you have the controller connected to the drone via wifi correct? Have you calibrated the compass? Linked the remote to the drone? Just simple things to get out of the way
Hi, yes.... activated, uploaded firmware, calibrated compass and sensors. Flew it GPS-less for a minute to see if that worked but nothing.. actually took a small aerial vid but got real confused with controllers and landed successfully manually. Any help is appreciated..thank you

Hi, yes.... activated, uploaded firmware, calibrated compass and sensors. Flew it GPS-less for a minute to see if that worked but nothing.. actually took a small aerial vid but got real confused with controllers and landed successfully manually. Any help is appreciated..thank you
Go into your DJI go app settings and see if your GPS is reading zero or if there are numbers associated with it

@Araya38
He was a couple other posts here.
**Green horn alert**

@CygnusX1
Is this a brand new unit?
So you got all other data (Telemetry) on the app?

Is it telling you your flying in Atti mode?

Rod

Is it reading zero like below?

upload_2018-2-21_10-44-46.png

IT sounds like a faulty unit. Take it back to point of purchase while it's still new and not damaged. You don't want to start your flying fun with a faulty unit.

Yes!!!!! Telling me flying in Atti mode , even when switch is up.... and I enabled switch function in app too... hmmmmm. I'm stumped.
Hmmm...so on the app itself, its showing that no satellites are connected at all?

And you are outdoors correct? You might need to replace the GPS module inside the drone. Not hard, just takes patience

I'm thinkin the same... probably cheaper to replace it myself than to ship it back across the country.. saw a new module for 85.00.... thanks for your time and help

Hi, New P3 standard with no satellite signal at all... open area, s1 switch up, Galaxy s4 but tried with newer Iphone and the same, no GPS signal... tried reinstalling djigo app again, still the same.. any ideas?? Thanks in advance
GPS module is on Aircraft and not on phone, or tablet. You need to get your drone replaced/ repaired. Don't fly in ATTI mode as thats too risky for a beginner.

I'm thinkin the same... probably cheaper to replace it myself than to ship it back across the country.. saw a new module for 85.00.... thanks for your time and help

If it's new get it replaced. It the GPS is messed up there might be something else as well. Do yourself a BIG favor and don't settle for a faulty unit from the start.

Yeah, we are all trying to figure out that is something your not telling us (explaining), or not doing correctly.

Through these post, I think we all agree that your unit is defective. If you can find something simple like a cable unhooked, that's great.

But if you start replacing parts?

Your in the states, if you can't get it replaced, last time I sent something in to DJI, California, they sent me the shipping label, I had no shipping charges ether way.

Maybe it can "Fly By Night". :rolleyes: ;)

Rod

Yeah, we are all trying to figure out that is something your not telling us (explaining), or not doing correctly.

Through these post, I think we all agree that your unit is defective. If you can find something simple like a cable unhooked, that's great.

But if you start replacing parts?

Your in the states, if you can't get it replaced, last time I sent something in to DJI, California, they sent me the shipping label, I had no shipping charges ether way.

Maybe it can "Fly By Night". :rolleyes: ;)

Rod
Hi.....yep, all boxed up and ready to go back... Thanks all, I really appreciate it... lol @ Fly by Night!!!

Reactions: RodPad
Hi.....yep, all boxed up and ready to go back... Thanks all, I really appreciate it... lol @ Fly by Night!!!
thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Yeah it sucks, I had to send in brand new P2V+, FPV would work some times 5 to 10 seconds.

Sent in a two week old P3S, firmware killed the remote control signal.

About 6 months, 3 firmware's later, sent in the replacement P3S, same think happen.
Firmware would say it was successful, but when I flew it, it was screwed up.

When I sent my units to DJI, I always send the Phantom and Remote and take pictures of the numbers.
Then I can compare of what I get back..... :rolleyes: ;)

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello