**Green horn alert**

Reaction score
Hi all. Billy from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia here.... I just bought my first Phantom 3 standard.. As my luck the GPS doesn't work at all.... no bars period... flew it around this evening without gps but sure would be nice to have.... Looking forward to meeting you and posting amazing videos from this beautiful place soon...

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Have you tried deleting the go app and reinstalling? Firmware up to date? Possibly the GPS is not functioning. If it turns out to be the GPS they are not too hard to replace in the P3.

Great album
Rush_Fly_by_Night.jpg

Welcome to PhantomPilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Reactions: CygnusX1
Hi all. Billy from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia here.... I just bought my first Phantom 3 standard.. As my luck the GPS doesn't work at all.... no bars period... flew it around this evening without gps but sure would be nice to have.... Looking forward to meeting you and posting amazing videos from this beautiful place soon...
Take it back and Get a Exchange "it's Brand New" !....don't mess with the electronics Updates you can make things worse !.....its Dji problem Not yours...get it Exchanged Or a refund and go buy another if they don't have no more !....man Oh Man it would be scary to fly with No active GPS !

Hello @CygnusX1 and welcome to the Phantom Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members are from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://phantompilots.com/account/personal-details

Safe Flights!
Allen

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

the GPS doesn't work at all.... no bars period...
That sounds like some kind of hardware issue. Perhaps the GPS receiver is disconnected inside of the Phantom. I agree with @MotorCycle-Man. If it was advertised as brand new, then return it and get another one that works.

Last edited:
For a newbie to fly without gps is too risky, better get an exchange.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Have you tried deleting the go app and reinstalling? Firmware up to date? Possibly the GPS is not functioning. If it turns out to be the GPS they are not too hard to replace in the P3.

Great album
Rush_Fly_by_Night.jpg
I did try to reinstall app... and i believe all firmware is up to date.. might have to look into gps repair.... probably cheaper than sending it back.... and YES!!!! RUSH RULES!!

I did try to reinstall app... and i believe all firmware is up to date.. might have to look into gps repair.... probably cheaper than sending it back.... and YES!!!! RUSH RULES!!
Are you that experienced That you are going to "tinker" with its airborne flights systems LOL....I dont think that seems right....Your Drones brand new....You have a year warranty !.....so get in their and mess it UP..and..you wont have a warranty....you should know that Dji people monitor this site too and yes are probably even members ! Its going to be More Expensive IF you dont send it back....You probably waited a while to buy it...might as well wait to get another !

Are you that experienced That you are going to "tinker" with its airborne flights systems LOL....I dont think that seems right....Your Drones brand new....You have a year warranty !.....so get in their and mess it UP..and..you wont have a warranty....you should know that Dji people monitor this site too and yes are probably even members ! Its going to be More Expensive IF you dont send it back....You probably waited a while to buy it...might as well wait to get another !
YES....I just got off the phone with the seller and they are sending me a prepaid return label... I'm not going to attempt a repair...

YES....I just got off the phone with the seller and they are sending me a prepaid return label... I'm not going to attempt a repair...
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Im Happy and we all want to hear from you when you get to take to the Skys Above and Enjoy Your drones Flights to the Max.....I still after near 200 flights experience the same " Excitement when i start them 4 motors and take Off !

Great news, The seller is sending me a prepaid return label and agreed to return it. I want to thank ALL in this thread that helped me with this issue and hope to keep in touch... and also thank the seller (not sure if I could mention the name here) an authorized DJI dealer for they're understanding...
I'll update when new bird gets here..

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Im Happy and we all want to hear from you when you get to take to the Skys Above and Enjoy Your drones Flights to the Max.....I still after near 200 flights experience the same " Excitement when i start them 4 motors and take Off !
Sweeeeet, Thanks again... talk soon for sure!!

And if you ever take an iron but ride on the bike over here to Virginia, hit me up, we'll ride the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl