No go on the LG G Pad 8.3

Reaction score
Debugging on and running 4.4.2, just gives me a black video screen. It works on my Note 3.. so I can still fly at least.

Unlike my Note 3, when I plug the USB cable in, it asks how I want to connect the USB.. Charge Tablet, Media snyc (MTP), Internet connection, Camera (PTP)

Any ideas?

Same tablet I use for my p2. I remember it giving me the same headache with the ultimate flight app.... I'm not much help because I can't remember exactly what I did to get it to work but as soon as I do I'll post back!
It doesn't have the standard "debugging" like most tablets do...

Same tablet I use for my p2. I remember it giving me the same headache with the ultimate flight app.... I'm not much help because I can't remember exactly what I did to get it to work but as soon as I do I'll post back!
It doesn't have the standard "debugging" like most tablets do...

Yep, used it on my P2V+ all the time. So you have it working on your P3?

Debugging on and running 4.4.2, just gives me a black video screen. It works on my Note 3.. so I can still fly at least.

Unlike my Note 3, when I plug the USB cable in, it asks how I want to connect the USB.. Charge Tablet, Media snyc (MTP), Internet connection, Camera (PTP)

Any ideas?
Keep us updated. I dont' have my P3 yet but I'll be using LG G Pad 7 when I do, or I'll need to find another option.

When you plug LG into controller does the tablet try to charge?

A friend just gave me a LG G Pad 8.3 LTE. I'm hoping to use it for a FPV monitor for my Phantom 2 Vision. Since I have the DJI app on my Ssmsung Galaxy 5 (Android) I would think it would work on the LG tablet but so far no luck. Any ideas. I've been following the thread but it's a bit confusing.

I would give anything to just know WHAT the dji even looks like, what the options are and how well it's designed, but I can't get that far. I've had P3 7 weeks now and haven't been able to fly it once. Haven't even been able to start the props. I cannot find anything resembling an app once it's downloaded. I am instructed to download DJI PILOT but when I google that, I'm taken instead to DJI GO. So presumably DJI PILOT is no longer in vogue. Once downloaded, I choose the OPEN option on the app but what opens is 4 or 5 beautiful photos taken by drones and lots of advertising about how wonderful DJI P3 is. Great. BUT WHERE'S THE F'N ACTUAL APP???????????????

I would give anything to just know WHAT the dji even looks like, what the options are and how well it's designed, but I can't get that far. I've had P3 7 weeks now and haven't been able to fly it once. Haven't even been able to start the props. I cannot find anything resembling an app once it's downloaded. I am instructed to download DJI PILOT but when I google that, I'm taken instead to DJI GO. So presumably DJI PILOT is no longer in vogue. Once downloaded, I choose the OPEN option on the app but what opens is 4 or 5 beautiful photos taken by drones and lots of advertising about how wonderful DJI P3 is. Great. BUT WHERE'S THE F'N ACTUAL APP???????????????
Scroll the screen left to the P3 model you own, select register and follow the prompts, after that a 'Connect to camera' button will show on the page for your P3. You have to register the P3 in the app before you can start the motors.

There is NO page of the only 4 pages I can get that uses the word "REGISTER"
anywhere, not even once. Therefore, there is no "CONNECT TO CAMERA" button
that follows.

It took what seemed to be an eternity to find the basic problem that was preventing me from accessing the full Phantom 3 APP, namely, most monitoring devices (cell phones/tablets, etc.) require that you first enable certain DEBUGGING OPTIONS in the device before the device will allow the DJI APP to be connected to it. Can't speak for all devices, only mine, which is a Google Nexus 9. In Nexus 9:
1. Go to SETTINGS
2. Click on DEVELOPER OPTIONS
3. Enable two items there:
a. USB Debugging
b. Verify Apps over USB

how is it on your note 3? that is what I have and I am hoping it runs well.

I've flown on my Note 3 and it gets pretty laggy at times with absolutely no other apps running and on airplane mode.

I've flown on my Note 3 and it gets pretty laggy at times with absolutely no other apps running and on airplane mode.

That's because it is not considered by DJI to be compatible. The very fact that
your LG is even allowing poor flight speaks to why it isn't fully compatible with
the quads.

That's because it is not considered by DJI to be compatible. The very fact that
your LG is even allowing poor flight speaks to why it isn't fully compatible with
the quads.
Did you quote the wrong person? I said Note 3.

You don't need an app to start the props. You could fly LOS with only what come in the box without an app or a tablet or a phone. Some more manual reading may be required.

I have used my P3 on both android an iOS. They both worked relatively the same. After download, there are a few screens to swipe through with aerial type pics and over view statements . Then there are a few fpv type screens with overlays of what the screen icons do in little yellow and white boxes. Press on them to move through. Then I think a pic of an Inspire comes up next. Swipe unit you get to your Phantom type (Prof/Adv/Std). Then press on enter camera view

Is your P3 on? Haha

ello-Does anyone know if the LG-Gpad x8.3 work with the phantom 3? Now that it has lollipop?

Verizon has it on sale for 79.99....

Specs seem like they would hold up:

Octacore
2 gigs of ram

HD display.

My LG 8.3 does fine with Litchi and DJI GO flying my P3A. I hope to test it tomorrow with Mission Hub which I'll access through Chrome. The only problem I have is viewing the MP4 videos. It was working fine but now won't open the video files. Probably a settings error on my part. Is was working fine when I first started using it to check my MP4's.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj