Phone wont connect, but gets power from RC?

Reaction score
Im sure this has been addressed, but I can't find answers along this forum.

My phone will not connect to the remote in the GO4 App. When it is hooked up via usb, the phone acknowledges that a cable has been plugged in, but I can not get any aircraft or remote information to or from the phone. I have tried different cables, I have made sure the AC is on latest firmware, but I can not figure out why the phone wont connect. I have about 40 successful flights so far, let the unit sit for about 2 weeks, went to fly it and had nothing.

I have gone into the Overall Status menu to see if it will suggest new firmware, to no avail.

Im getting power out of the RC USB port to the phone,,

I have deleted and reinstalled App on phone,

I can fly manually with the remote (remote connects to aircraft no problem)

Have made sure the phone is running MTP usb protocols,

Also verified USB debugging

Have made sure all batteries are completely charged

Have been researching and trying different fixes for 6 straight days now....

Have tried every possible combo of "Power on/plug in/Open App"

Ive accessed the hidden software button in Go4 to see if I can downgrade or upgrade remote, to no avail......

Running out of Ideas :/ :unamused:

Samsung Note8 running Android 8.0.0

I cant think of anything thats changed on this phone since the last successful flight i made...

So you have USB debug enabled in developer options? Then set up USB as picture transfer protocol or something like that? Lots have hade issues with the Note 8. It’s a shame as the Notes’s are great phones. I moved to Apple. Principally because I’d rather be flying than dicking around for hours with stuff that doesn’t work. It’s a shame really because when they are going the Note’s pull the pants down on iPhones.

Have you installed more than 1 flight app (Go4 and Litchi, for example)? Sometimes they can interfere with each other.

Reactions: jephoto
Well then..... hot dang. This guys onto something! Seems any computer and any cord i use gives me an error. Doesn't recognize device. It's progress!

Now, I don't suppose you have a solution???

Well then..... hot dang. This guys onto something! Seems any computer and any cord i use gives me an error. Doesn't recognize device. It's progress!
You may have another app hogging the Android-USB connection by default.
The Litchi manual explains how to fix if this is the case:
If you have another app (such as DJI Go) set as the default for the remote controller USB connection, you will need to clear the defaults for that app in your mobile device (Settings - Apps - DJI Go (or other app name) - Clear Defaults). Some devices automatically set the app you start as default, so this step may have to be done every time you want to switch app (for example from DJI Go to Litchi and vice versa)

Reactions: FFPilot
Appreciate that. Ill definitely see what I can find, Im starting to think maybe it's a USB issue with the phone's hardware?? After about 20 tries, only once did it prompt me for usb options....

What do you guys think? Hardware or Software issue???

Edit: tried another device and it worked flawlessly. That confirms its my phone. Still can't find what the issue is or why it quit all of a sudden. Im open to suggestions.

Last edited:
Not to beat a dead horse.. but i still am not able to connect with my Note8. Ive tried different cables, ive downgraded software, tried different USB settings. Why do I feel like this is a simple fix? NOTE8 Is still listed as a compatible device on the list I've been watching. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes the drone connects to other devices.

Make your USB lead settings Charge only nothing else and see if that works.

You should risk $24.00 and give Litchi a try. It might fix it for you plus you'll (IMO) get a superior flying app with great features and no more being hounded to upgrade firmware!

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: Hounddog
Thanks Jim. I guess i never gave Litchi a 2nd thought. I'll resesrch it tomorrow and probably give it a shot!

73's and Happy Holidays!

Good to meet you Norman J. Never know which name you use as QRZ lists first names first. I’ve been a ham since 1963 and operate SDB and beginning to get back on CW. I do Skywarn and local nets plus some DX.

Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: FFPilot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl