No FPV video...Ping failed. Next steps?

Reaction score
Hello All. New here, from VA. Need advice on next steps.

Same problem as everyone else. My used PV2+ has been working perfectly for months. Didn't use it for 4-6 weeks. Fired it up and no FPV on iphone or ipad mini. Had not updated anything. Read and read and all updates are done. Only thing that was not current was camera. Got that done. Still nothing.

I followed these ping directions and no response on the Bottom PCB board (.1.10). First two were fine.

1. turn on vision+, extender, smartphone, dji vision app, see blank live video screen
  2. using notebook/pc connect to Wi-Fi network "Phantom_xxxxx"
  3. ping 192.168.1.2
    If ping succesfull, your wifi-extender is alive and can connect to Phantom's Wi-Fi (binding is ok). If ping fails - go no further, you are doing something wrong. Take a pause, drink coffee, think about getting some background in networking technologies, windows, etc (joke).
  4. ping 192.168.1.1
    If ping succesfull, TOP PCB board of Wi-Fi FPV module is alive
  5. ping 192.168.1.10
    If ping succesfull, BOTTOM PCB BOARD of WI-Fi FPV module is alive.
    If ping fails - bottom PCB board (marked WM301_DM368) is broken
Is there anything else I need to check, or just buy a new board? I have not taken any connections apart. I don't have parts to reinstall the gimbal if I cut the pin retainers. I have "pushed" on any connections I could reach with small tweezers. I have not pulled on the ribbon cable plugs.

Just wondering what else to try.

Questions:

Where do I get the part?
How do I know exactly what to order? Newest, more robust (cooled) board.
Can I do it myself? I'm pretty handy, have needed tools.

Thanks all. Frustrated. Had the entire 5th grade laying out on the playground spelling out there school name and could not get the FPV to work. Kids enjoyed seeing the bird, but lost the chance for a great poster-worthy shot.

I appreciate the help.

Dayton

Hello All. New here, from VA. Need advice on next steps.

Same problem as everyone else. My used PV2+ has been working perfectly for months. Didn't use it for 4-6 weeks. Fired it up and no FPV on iphone or ipad mini. Had not updated anything. Read and read and all updates are done. Only thing that was not current was camera. Got that done. Still nothing.

I followed these ping directions and no response on the Bottom PCB board (.1.10). First two were fine.

1. turn on vision+, extender, smartphone, dji vision app, see blank live video screen
  2. using notebook/pc connect to Wi-Fi network "Phantom_xxxxx"
  3. ping 192.168.1.2
    If ping succesfull, your wifi-extender is alive and can connect to Phantom's Wi-Fi (binding is ok). If ping fails - go no further, you are doing something wrong. Take a pause, drink coffee, think about getting some background in networking technologies, windows, etc (joke).
  4. ping 192.168.1.1
    If ping succesfull, TOP PCB board of Wi-Fi FPV module is alive
  5. ping 192.168.1.10
    If ping succesfull, BOTTOM PCB BOARD of WI-Fi FPV module is alive.
    If ping fails - bottom PCB board (marked WM301_DM368) is broken
Is there anything else I need to check, or just buy a new board? I have not taken any connections apart. I don't have parts to reinstall the gimbal if I cut the pin retainers. I have "pushed" on any connections I could reach with small tweezers. I have not pulled on the ribbon cable plugs.

Just wondering what else to try.

Questions:

Where do I get the part?
How do I know exactly what to order? Newest, more robust (cooled) board.
Can I do it myself? I'm pretty handy, have needed tools.

Thanks all. Frustrated. Had the entire 5th grade laying out on the playground spelling out there school name and could not get the FPV to work. Kids enjoyed seeing the bird, but lost the chance for a great poster-worthy shot.

I appreciate the help.

Dayton
The part you refer to and probably need is the wifi module. I got mine at helipal.com for 189.00 plus 5.oo shipping. Picture shows old stlye non-perforated, but they ship the new cooler operating style. Even with it, it would be a good idea to use the arctic silver on it to prolong its life. Easy enough to install, there are some youtubes on it.
DJIPVP-03 DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Wifi Signal Transmission Module

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers