No fly zones

Reaction score
okay, hi everyone
I am a new phantom 3 guy, bought the phantom 2+ in February and then returned it soon as I found out about the 3 launch. Great way to keep customers happy... Bait and switch, here's a new quad on sale... Oops 30 days later here's a new one, sorry no returns! Thanks DJI, thank god for amazons good support.
Now I live around DC and I bought this quad for fun and work.. We can use it as a learning tool in the fire department. We can record our training and learn from the mistakes and I get some fly time. Now I find out that the 3 can not fly where the 2+ could.
My volunteer fire house is in the no fly and my work fire house is also! So I am down! I can not start the motors...
Please let me know if there is any way to work around this? I don't know if I may need to get a exemption and all needed classes and license to do this? It would be much easier if there was a work around and I could still fly safely. I would prefer not to do the tin hat. Thanks for the help

Actually all drones are banned in DC whether you find one that will work or not...

Tin Hat is your only option with the P3.

The joys of living near DC. We live under an FAA NOTAM permanent national security no fly zone that is roughly a 15 mile radius circle centered near the whitehouse. Flying any RC aircraft within the zone is illegal. Thanks to the idiot that crashed into the whitehouse, DJI now hard enforces the zone through the firmware, though I've been told that the Inspire can power up and fly in the zone with a warning message. I'm fortunate enough to live just outside the zone in the narrow gap between the zone and the IAD no fly zone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic