No fly zone how to download license on my Phantom 4 pro plus

Reaction score
hi all,

I have a Drone course on a local AirPort . So have witten permission to fly in a no fly zone . I know i can unlock in advance with the serial of the aircraft on line . But then : how does my Drone know it can fly there . I don't see an option in my rc software . I fly a Phantom 4 pro plus .

Thanks for you advice

No , i did the advance unlocking online . I have had the verification of my account and iT says iT was ok . However , last week i did already go to the course on the same spot but the aircraft was not unlocked . Then i indeed sended the written permission to dji , but Its been a week almost and did not got any response back . The point is that is it wil take much longer , course will be done !

Ok, so it's an "Authorization Zone" vs. a "Restricted/NFZ?" Authorization zones I am not as familiar with, but I do know you can unlock on your own right on the spot within the Go app so I'm not sure why it would be a problem. And can also do it online in advance like you said. But you don't need to provide documentation in this scenario.

I had a great experience with the Fly Safe team but it did take some time..Mainly because they told me Android would work but in reality it will not. I had to go out and buy an iPad, but this was for unlocking a restricted/NFZ vs. simply unlocking an authorization zone.

I don't know what email address you are using, but try [email protected]. They have always been very prompt to reply.

I did send it to flysafe . I have an iPad, maybe I could add the app there too...will try that . As you know on my p4p + there is an integrated screen and I don't see the download option . It seems to be alright until , how I get the info to my bird .

Ahh, missed the fact you're using the P4P +. Not sure on that. I'm sure someone will get back to you. Couldn't hurt sending another email.

It seems when unlocking before , once you then go to the no fly , you need wifi to download the unlocking info . Isn't that too rediculous for words ?
You unlock before just BECAUSE you are aware of the fact you don't have wifi ! And in you p4p + , you don't have a sim like in an iPad , just if wifi doesn't work .

I see this is a dated thread, but I have permission to fly in the area of a small airport. I fly a couple of miles away from it every week. They asked that I follow FAA Hobbyist guidelines and that they were fine with that. DJI unlocks online expire after three days. When I go to the field to fly I find the unlock process hit or miss depending on my phones sharing internet connection quality and DJI's site which sometimes won't load the log in page or accept my login info due to page not available errors. I drive close to 25 miles to get to this location where I shoot only one thing. Trains. My last two trips I could not connect to DJI from the field, so wasted my fly time. I have started to take a second drone (Autel XStar Premium) so that I can relax knowing I will be able to fly.

How do I get permanent permission to fly in this area my DJI Phantom? I have e-mailed DHI and am waiting for an answer but was hoping someone with this experience might offer any guidance for when I talk with DJI.

Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic