NO-FLY Update stuck at 90%

Reaction score
This is the second time something like this has happened. The first time, the aircraft firmware got stuck at 99% due to the fact that I did not update the controller first. Poor implementation on DJI's part as you have to enter the DJI GO App main interface to see that you need to update the controller.
Now, I was getting a warning the the aircraft no-fly database needed updating. SO I go through the process using the DJI GO App and it downloaded fast and jammed in all the way to 90% and is stuck. The LED is alternating red/green and the rear LED's are double-blinking green.
Now what? This is just AWEFUL implementation and doesn't give me a warm feeling at all.
Anyone else have this issue? If so, do you have a solution? I'm going to give this thing another 30 minutes then I'm going to restart my machine and see what happens. I don't know how anyone is making money with these machines as their software update process is so unstable.

You are correct about DJI development practices.. they really suck.. but did you try to replace your USB cable? Maybe something is getting corrupted while getting transferred between devices.. Maybe worth to try.

You are correct about DJI development practices.. they really suck.. but did you try to replace your USB cable? Maybe something is getting corrupted while getting transferred between devices.. Maybe worth to try.
USB cables are brand new. That's not the problem. Total software bug.
After 30 mins, I unplugged everything and restarted the app, the controller, and the aircraft. All is well and the machine flies just fine.
Still, this doesn't give me a good feeling. Until DJI gets their act together with updates, I consider all their products to be throw-away devices. That's why I won't buy an Inspire 2 or any other more expensive machine.

USB cables are brand new. That's not the problem. Total software bug.
After 30 mins, I unplugged everything and restarted the app, the controller, and the aircraft. All is well and the machine flies just fine.
Still, this doesn't give me a good feeling. Until DJI gets their act together with updates, I consider all their products to be throw-away devices. That's why I won't buy an Inspire 2 or any other more expensive machine.

Same exact thing happened to me. Stuck 90%.

Annoying. I'm going to give it a few more minutes. Its been 20 mins at 90%

Mine did this too. All I did was close the app, power off the bird and power it back on and it said all my firmware was up to date.

Same. Definitely a bug. #djiidiots

I just now updated my new P4P and had same problem. It stuck at 90% updating the no-fly database. After about 20 minutes and reading this forum, I turned off everything, repowered and it seems to be OK.

Took me 3 tries out of the box. 13%, 58%, then finally finished to 100%. Went through 3 or 4 full batteries. Glad to hear you're in the air!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4