THEIR WEBSITE. I UPGRADED THE FIRMWARE AND THEN CONTACTED THE PHANTOM
SITE AND VERIFIED WITH A TECH THE FIRMWARE HAD BEEN UPGRADED PROPERLY
AND I HAD THE LATEST NUMBERED FIRMWARE.
THE NEXT DAY I TOOK THE DRONE OUTSIDE FOR A FLIGHT. THE DRONE LIFTED
OFF THE GROUND, FLEW UP AND TO THE RIGHT , OUT OF SIGHT AND WAS NEVER
SEEN AGAIN. I LIFTED THE DRONE OFF THE GROUND AND IT CONTINUED TO GO
UP I HAD NO CONTROL OF THE DRONE. I TRIED THE RTH BUT THAT DID NOT
WORK EITHER.
I REQUESTED ANOTHER DRONE FROM PHANTOM . THEY SAID THAT BECAUSE MY DRONE WAS OUT OF WARRANTY A REPLACEMENT WAS NOT POSSIBLE. I
EXPLAINED THAT MY REQUEST WAS NOT A WARRANTY ISSUE WHATSOEVER, AND THE
FACT THE DRONE WAS OUT OF WARRANTY WAS NOT THE ISSUE.
MY DRONE WORKED TO PERFECTION UNTIL I UPDATED THE FIRMWARE PER PHANTOMS INSTRUCTIONS. AFTER THIS HAPPENED I SEARCHED THE INTERNET TO
SEE IF OTHERS HAD EXPERIENCED SIMILAR PROBLEMS AFTER UPDATING THE
FIRMWARE. THERE WERE SEVERAL OTHERS THAT HAD PROBLEMS AFTER THEY UPDATED THEIR FIRMWARE.

THERE IS NO QUESTION THAT PHANTOM IS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE UPGRADED
FIRMWARE FOR THE PHANTOM 3 STANDARD. I AM NOT ALONE IN THIS MATTER.
BECAUSE THIS IS A PHANTOM FIRMWARE PROBLEM, I EXPLAINED THAT I WANTED REPLACEMENT
DRONE. MY DRONE FLEW FLAWLESSLY, WITHOUT ANY GLITCHES UNTIL I UPGRADED THE
FIRMWARE. PHANTOMS FIRMWARE CAUSED MY DRONE TO MALFUNCTION AND FLY AWAY.
I ASKED THEM TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR MALFUNCTIONING FIRMWARE AND
REPLACE MY DRONE.
PHANTOM REFUSED A REPLACEMENT.
I WOULD SUGGEST TO ALL MEMBERS THAT PHANTOM REALIZES THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THEIR FIRMWARE UPGRADE AND SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.
I WOULD ALSO SUGGEST THAT ANYONE HAVING THIS ISSUE CONTACT PHANTOM AND DEMAND A REPLACEMENT. THEY NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR FAULTY FIRMWARE. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS AND PLEASE TAKE THE APPROPRIATE ACTION WITH PHANTON AS YOU SEE FIT.

Show quoted text

Welcome to forum
That's gota hurt,,sorry for your incident but firmware might not have been the blame,you can upload your flight log and someone here can tell you want happen,,from what I read lately it might have been compass issue,,,firmware,,many here choose not to update firmware if it's all good,,I myself have new firmware on me drones and have worked without a hitch and still good today,,firmware is optional unless app forces you to do it otherwise it be just fine,myself dont think firmware cause this flyaway but as said you can upload to phantom log viewer for instructions or someone can post corect link, very easy process and you you can find out why and not assume,,,yip first p4 fell from the sky just after a year and I email them too for another,,,na,,out of luck there and it was battery shut down not my fault,,oh well hang in there ,we all feel your pain,,i suppose it launch with full battery and unknown direction,,someone might be able to help ,some very clever folk here

THE DRONE LIFTED OFF THE GROUND, FLEW UP AND TO THE RIGHT , OUT OF SIGHT AND WAS NEVER SEEN AGAIN.

THERE IS NO QUESTION THAT PHANTOM IS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE UPGRADED
FIRMWARE FOR THE PHANTOM 3 STANDARD.
Your incident might not have had anything to do with the firmware.
Incidents like that can happen without updating firmware.
Your app has a "black box" data recorder that can often explain what happened.
If you want to learn what really happened ....

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides.
Or just post the .txt file.

And it would help if you can describe the spot where you launched your Phantom.

This happened about a month ago. My first contact with phantom was to request assistance to find the drone. They would not help me because the warranty was up. This whole ordeal with phantom consisted of multiple contacts with first line phantom people. Then multiple contacts with managers and then supervisors. Nobody would assist me. No warranty, no help. If this was a warranty issue, I would understand, but it's not. A month without a drone or assistance.

This happened about a month ago. My first contact with phantom was to request assistance to find the drone. They would not help me because the warranty was up. This whole ordeal with phantom consisted of multiple contacts with first line phantom people. Then multiple contacts with managers and then supervisors. Nobody would assist me. No warranty, no help. If this was a warranty issue, I would understand, but it's not. A month without a drone or assistance.
Your warranty only covers the drone for manufacturing defects for 12 months.
After that, there's no warranty.
That's pretty clear and simple.

Now .. if you'd like to learn what really happened, I gave some instructions in post #3.
And I do flight incident analysis for free.
Who knows .. perhaps I can work out where your drone ended up?

I would appreciate any help in finding the drone. I am by no means an expert at anything, let alone drone flying. There is more to the entire fiasco. When the drone took off I hit the RTH button. The screen had lost connection with the drone and there was nothing I could do at that point.

Follow Meta4's instructions in post #3 to upload the data from your device.

There are many brilliant Forum members here that are experts in analyzing this data that will hopefully give you the cause of the issue, as well as the possible location of your drone.

Without that data, all we can do is guess. With the data, you may be able to contact DJI with substantial evidence of component failure. Good luck. [emoji106]

Hi Gregory,

Welcome to the forum and sorry it is under these circumstances. A few pieces of clarification though:
  • Please try not to post in ALL CAPS. It is harder to read and makes it seem that you are shouting.
  • You keep saying you contacted PHANToM for assistance. Do you mean DJI> Did you contact them directly or were you contacting some other entity?
  • The flight logs will be of great help to explain what happened.
  • The firmware update usually would not create such an issue. That is especially true with such an old drone where the firmware has been out and tested for along time. Reports from others on the Internet also does not necessarily indicate a true problem.
  • It seems like you have left out some of the story, since you later mentioned you lost signal and hit RTH. All of the details would be helpful, but most helpful would be the flight logs.
  • Unfortunately as with any consumer product, once the manufacturer's warranty expires, there is nothing else they will do. It doesn't matter whether it was a hardware defect or not, although my suspicion is that this was not a hardware failure.

Hi Gregory,

Welcome to the forum and sorry it is under these circumstances. A few pieces of clarification though:
  • Please try not to post in ALL CAPS. It is harder to read and makes it seem that you are shouting.
  • You keep saying you contacted PHANToM for assistance. Do you mean DJI> Did you contact them directly or were you contacting some other entity?
  • The flight logs will be of great help to explain what happened.
  • The firmware update usually would not create such an issue. That is especially true with such an old drone where the firmware has been out and tested for along time. Reports from others on the Internet also does not necessarily indicate a true problem.
  • It seems like you have left out some of the story, since you later mentioned you lost signal and hit RTH. All of the details would be helpful, but most helpful would be the flight logs.
  • Unfortunately as with any consumer product, once the manufacturer's warranty expires, there is nothing else they will do. It doesn't matter whether it was a hardware defect or not, although my suspicion is that this was not a hardware failure.
I agree that the warranty is expired. My point is that dji knows their firmware update is causing multiple problems and therefore they should correct the firmware update or stop offering it.

I agree that the warranty is expired. My point is that dji knows their firmware update is causing multiple problems and therefore they should correct the firmware update or stop offering it.
If you want help upload your log files
There are some guys on here that can and will look at them and tell you pretty much exactly what happened or went wrong. Or, you can just complain. Hope you locate your bird.

If you want help upload your log files
There are some guys on here that can and will look at them and tell you pretty much exactly what happened or went wrong. Or, you can just complain. Hope you locate your bird.
I asked for a reason if there would be .flight records if the controller was disconnected from the drone. If your assertion of me is " just complaining" then I apologize. You will have no more questions to answer from me. Thank you everybody and good by.

If the controller disconnected from the drone, would there be a flight record?
There would indeed be a flight record up to the time of disconnection.

That part is actually not clear at all, and only an assumption you made.

I asked for a reason if there would be .flight records if the controller was disconnected from the drone. If your assertion of me is " just complaining" then I apologize. You will have no more questions to answer from me. Thank you everybody and good by.

That's really not the issue here. Heck, we ALL complain about one thing or another with these expensive hobbies. That's life.

But, we are all trying to help you solve this issue. Without us asking you questions, we can't give you answers.

Not much else I can say....................

W
I'm not as nice as most of these other guys, lol, just kidding I apologize if I sounded harsh, not my intention. But if you provide the flight logs you might be able to get your bird back.

Ha no dont disappear,,the resolvement of your issue can prevent it happen to others,,,its cool you got every reason to complain,gezz I do it all the time,,it would be good piece of mind to find out what happen for yourself and others,,get back in here one way conversations dont work,complaining and non complaining issues are regularly discussed here,;)

Reactions: captainmilehigh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.