night flying waiver

There are a ton on the waiver page. I have a few I know that have gotten them. Not sure how long it took.

Has anyone applied for a FAA night waiver and if so how long did it take to get?
I have one. Technically, its a waiver for "Daylight Operations", and is good for 4 years. I submitted it late January, and it took a little more than two weeks to receive it.

I got mine in 31 days exactly, but that was back in November 2016. The wait can vary so it's best not to need any particular time frame. Good luck.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Either works, LOL.

No yellow snow, but I can make that Dinah Moe Humm.

Filling mine out now and I keep getting this message after submitting...

We're sorry
You have reached this page because the site is currently down. Please check back soon, as we are currently working to get the issue resolved.

Thank you,
FAA Web Operations Team

Uggg....

Glad to see this info about night flying in this thread. And very glad to see that it's only taking a few weeks to get one through. I thought it was months it was taking. This has been the main reason I have not taken the 107 yet tbo. Want to get some night flying in before that. But a few weeks is not a big deal.

I believe you must have a Part 107 license to apply for a waiver. I don't have a night waiver but I do have an airspace waiver. It took about 5 weeks from the time I submitted the form. It goes to the local ATC for their input.

Made a thread earlier but if any of you took the gold seal prep course for your 107, they now have a nite ops module. Gives more specific info on what the FAA may be looking for as well as some good info for the pilots

I have one. Technically, its a waiver for "Daylight Operations", and is good for 4 years. I submitted it late January, and it took a little more than two weeks to receive it.

I need to submit a Daylight Ops waiver. Would you post or PM me the application or verbiage you used to get the waver granted?

I need to submit a Daylight Ops waiver. Would you post or PM me the application or verbiage you used to get the waver granted?
this was the video i used as a basis when i applied. i am still waiting on approval.

this was the video i used as a basis when i applied. i am still waiting on approval.

That video was done well and a HUGE bonus to anyone wanting to try and apply. Vic Moss did it and he is a HUGE advocate for our industry. Here's his website: Newest Work Moss Photography

I highly suggest you take the Gold Seal course. It's a solid primer for 107.29 and could make the process easier and in reality SAFER.

Here's a link to the Gold Seal program:
FAA Part 107 Ground School

You'll have to join (paid service) and go to:
Section 3 Skill Building then click on Night Flight Operations.

Once completed you'll get a certificate. This is NOT a requirement of the FAA but having this course under your belt will help you better understand what is needed (aka expected) by the FAA in the waiver submission.

I took it tonight and passed it and have the certificate in my "portfolio" now.

Reactions: jvmoore1
Not all waivers are listed. Mine for example, which was granted in Feb.

No the Fed Regulations system is a maze of approvals, verification, and lastly documenting (posting to database etc). Each department has their own backlog etc and sometimes they are posted to the docket in seemingly random order.

When I got my 333 Exemption I literally got the package in the mail stating I was granted the 333 a month before it showed up on the public docket.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav