Night Flight

Reaction score
Hey all, sorry if this is in the wrong section, but is it normal to not have any kind of view on the go app at night? I'm a new phantom pilot, having just got mine a couple weeks ago, and took it out last night for first night time flight. Was excited to see all the lights, but shocked to see absolutely nothing on the app view. Is there some mysterious night camera setting I missed? Thanks for any input!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You should have had video. Set your camera to manual and.play with the settings. I usually fly at night on auto focus and get great shots. I only have to adjust the camera settings if no other lighting is available. At the very least, when you start up the bird, you should see the glow from your indicator lights lighting up the ground in front of the camera prior to take off. If not, you have some other issue.

@ night just have the camera in full auto the first few times. The view is quite poor in the video footage, but at least you can see.

after you learn to fly at night and you understand the camera, you can manually play with the settings to get acceptable video quality.

**** I sure hope my camera isn't faulty. I haven't touched any camera settings either and last night my screen was black. Nothing else was wrong (that I could figure out, at least), so I'll have to check it out again tonight.

Make sure your camera's EV is at zero. Also, try the "Reset Camera" function in the camera settings panel and see if that makes a difference.

Man oh man, you guys are gonna think I'm so dumb. Mind you, I've only had this for a couple weeks hahaha.....my camera was somehow already on Manual mode. I took it out tonight, flicked it to auto, and voila! All is right. Thanks, guys!

Reactions: miskairal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing