NFZ Clarification/Interpretation

Reaction score
IMG_4042.jpg
To confirm, the outer ring of a NFZ is designed to serve as a warning, correct? I've read that it's the inner ring that serves as an area where the Phantom 3 will not fly. I've never flown anywhere near any type of NFZ, and want to better understand the different colored rings/perimeters. I've attached a picture for reference. Thanks!

Okay.

Your firmware is based on the DJI "no fly zones." Here's a link: DJI - Fly Safe: No Fly Zones

You also may see them in your app. So that's what you should view if you're concerned with your AC not starting up or not flying.

If you're concerned with the law, you should use another app. I like www.airmap.io.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. So based on DJI's website, it looks a lot more lenient that what is shown elsewhere.

I don't know if lenient is the word. The disabling of your AC is to keep you from doing something glaringly illegal. But it will still allow you to do things that are illegal, even if it's an honest mistake. So you should familiarize yourself with the area you're flying and the laws and rules of whatever type of flying you're doing (Part 101 recreational, Part 107 commercial, etc.).

You're welcome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.