Nexus 7 (2013) Users - Are your tablets working ok?

I'd just wait until they fix the app, unless you want to fork out more cash to jump to the other tablet ecosystem.

The nVidia Shield tablets seem popular.

The nexus 7 2013 works well. Not as buttery smooth as an Ipad air 2, but very functional.

Spot on no over heating charge holds long long time. Get a gapps error twice or three times on 4 batts, but reboots keeps filming so fast, and you hit okay on the popup its like normal routine.

I would call it a relaxed error.

Mine doesn't overheat, stutter or lag.
I've had app reboots but rare if you have little or nothing else running.
On a dedicated device you can shut off almost everything else from the start.
The screen seems considerably brighter than my other (Hisense) tablet.

Since it's a very popular tablet, you also have a good knowledge base and support if you wanted to install an alternative stripped down (faster) ROM.

Anyone compare it to the Nvidia Shield in DJI App performance?

Another thumbs up from me.
Bought the nexus 7 (2013) specifically for my P3P so have very little else installed.
I would recommend an anti-glare screen saver as the base screen is very reflective.
The size of the nexus 7 is perfect for the tablet holder. It fits nice and the controller feels comfortable to hold with it installed.
I have had no noticeable lag at any time.
I've had the occasional pilot app crash and re-start but not for a while. A bit scary but restart is fast enough to not cause alarm.
I have nothing to compare the nexus 7 with but if you are looking for a reasonable priced tablet that works, the nexus 7 should be on your shopping list.

Reactions: ELHEAPO
i would thumbs up as well, again just bought for my p3 as its cheap but works very effectively with the p3.

Two thumbs up gor my nexus 7 second gen. Soooth and steady. Nice bright screen. Sticking with it!

Last edited:
So I have the Nexus 7 (2013) with latest version of cyanogenmod and DJI app from DJI website. The app works fine, there is no lag, but when comparing to iPad Air 2 or iPhone 6, I find the live video feed to be less "smooth" and a little bit jerky. Not very noticeable, but it isn't 100% smooth. You can see this mainly when going very fast horizontally or panning; not when going up or down. My CPU is at max. 78 degrees Celsius (170 Fahrenheit) according to CPU Temp. Anyone care to compare?

Zx9rider ... You can, and I have. But your best bet is to cache the map prior to flying. I'm lazy, and I forget...so yes, I tether to the cell.

I love my Nexus 7 (2013), but it's not been without issues re: P3P. I've have 3-4 of the "lost connection to maps" error, but it's quick to recover from. I've had the video simply lock up, then after about a minute the tablet rebooted. Control was fine, but I was pretty high up an just a spec in the spy, so not fun by any means. Video is not that choppy, pretty good when in close range. The screen is really poor in bright sunlight, however. I'm looking at a Galaxy Tab S 10.5 at the moment for another application, I may try to make it my P3P screen as well.

The problem with these glossy screens is more the reflections and light around your face, and that reflecting over the display. I'm thinking of getting one of these, no matter how stupid it looks:
http://amzn.com/B00E1E8FY4
Drape a little black fabric from the front edge down to the sunshield on the tablet/controller...
;-)

When using the nexus 7, are you tethering to a cell phone for map display?
If you select traffic layer it seems to have a basic map which is better than nothing.
Here a lot of places don't have mobile cover let alone 3G but using a phone hotspot works fine where you can get it.
If you know where you'll be you can view the area via the app on wifi beforehand, you can also view the area on google maps (zoomed in) and Pilot app can access that cache which is supposed to be kept for 30 days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.