News Helicopter vs Drone

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Shouldn't this just be common sense to ALL operators, not just ones with exemptions and COA's?? I don't think I'd want to be the one that gets my name plastered all over the news that I caused someone serious harm or death because I was flying my quad and got in the way of emergency personnel or such... just my 1.5 cents....
;)

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Shouldn't this just be common sense to ALL operators, not just ones with exemptions and COA's?? I don't think I'd want to be the one that gets my name plastered all over the news that I caused someone serious harm or death because I was flying my quad and got in the way of emergency personnel or such... just my 1.5 cents....
YES. But common sense is not very common, all you have to do to see that in action is read all the posts in this forum.

During the filming of this video a chopper that does tours of the area came along and I had no idea that they flew around here and when I saw it I was doing a rising shot looking straight down and immediately started coming down to give him the right of way and I landed and did not fly any more luckily I got enough footage to make it work but it did kinda frighten me to see the chopper getting close to my drone not knowing if he saw me or not and the p2 doesn't descend very fast but I was able to get out of his way and even though I was there first I gave him his space

Last night in Hollywood, some clever guy put his drone too close to an LAPD helicopter while it was conducting a search for someone on the ground.

Police Investigate Drone Interference With LAPD Helicopter in Hollywood

From the CBS news article:

"The suspect was released from custody, however, police said they are still reviewing the case and believe he may a felony charge of assault with a deadly weapon on an officer"

Aside from the lack of attention to English grammar (really, CBS, you do have editors somewhere, don't you?), LAPD is, as usual, trying to tart things up. "Stressed the helicopter", please.

Until both sides start acting like adults instead of reality TV stars, nothing good is going to come of this.

A little off point but, if I understand "commercial use", even if you are not charging for the photos, if the photos with be used commercially you would be in violation anyway.
At any rate, get out of the way!

Since foxnews sucks I would hope the cnn. Chopper knocks the fox drone out of the sky lol
"Since Foxnews sucks I would hope the cnn."
Master Yoda's admonition comes to mind when I tried to read your suck spelling and suck sentence structure and his advice to you regarding your poor use of words and sentences comes to mind, "Do, or do not, there is no try." And please, please, don't use the "I was typing this on my smart phone, my tablet, my spellcheck was off, I was walking and typing, my voice recognition wasn't working" excuse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20