Newby questions point of interest

Reaction score
I experienced my first crash after a POI flight. On the screen i exited the flight and took control of the aircraft lowering it and hovering ... I was under a tree..sunny day trying for a better screen view. From here it gets fuzzy what i did to create what happened next.
I could have:
Taken the cotroller out of the mode for POI or not but all the sudden the bird continued its job in POI and newby panic gripped me as it inched closer to the tree. Im sure i could have done many things here except freeze... Lol but thats what i did ...and watched in horror the quad try to eat the tree. Only two broken props and a near heart attack is all that happened. Any insight in to what i did?

When you're done with POI, it's best to flip the "PAF" switch back to "P".

OK, so when I'm flying along & see something I want to be a POI, can I engage the POI at that time or would I need to identify it first?

This guy does a good job of explaining and walking you through it;
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Derbyrammy
Thanks Bart, great vid.
Glad that's possible, will be great when I spot a moose. I can fly my airplane over a group of caribou @ 400' & they just look, don't run. Wish the Phantom cam would zoom. Maybe something I can do w/my editor. Still looking forward to buying my Phantom, it's still winter (cold) here. Been reading here for about a month now.

Reactions: QuadBart

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31