Newby - Part 107 - Best Study Site/Materials?

Thanks so much!
May I send you one of our caps? Go to our website and send me a note via the Contact Form addressed to Russ.

20882797_10214053658324762_3675126492089654304_n.jpg

photo.php

Lots of great knowledge dropped in this thread. Thank you everyone for the info and resources! I'm stoked to take and pass my 107 with all the great study options listed here.

I used gold seal and loved the way the material was presented. The exam questions were not the same as my practice tests, but I understood from the lessons enough to make the correct choices. Passed 107 with 88%. Will continue thru the next 2 years watching and doing lessons to stay updated and understand the material so that it becomes 2nd nature.

Reactions: N42742 and BigAl07
Thanks, drvrbobob. Great to hear from you!

I have to buckle down and work on studying for the test. I started the Gold Seal course which seems good and reading a book about the test but I keep losing interest. It seems like most of the material would apply to an aircraft pilot and not a drone operator. I’d be into it a lot more if the test was drone specific.

It does seem that way, but you have to remember that you will be using the same types of flight controls, maps,weather info, radio frequencies among other things in air space with planes. The test is not designed to be specific for a type of aircraft only to cover alot of basics and common material to all aircraft. Perhaps as drones become more common the FAA will be more specific in the future. You will still need to know the basics. On the plus side perhaps someone can find a more drone specific way to present the material but the bottom line is this material is what you have to know to pass the test as the FAA has written it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik