Newbie Video Problem

Reaction score
The video feed worked fine on my P3P when I got it. I have not upgraded the firmware, crashed it, gotten it wet, or anything else. To my knowledge I did not change any of the settings, from the time I last flew it and it worked, till the day when it didn't work.The video feed starts up when the craft warms up most of the time but then goes grey and stops moving. The craft flies fine and still takes video and photos. Should I be looking for a hardware or software problem?

I've searched the forums but couldn't find an answer. Hopefully someone will take pitty on the new guy.

Thanks!
Ti3m

Look into changing the channel in image transmission settings in the DJI GO App (HD icon). Your choices are 13-20 and also bumping down the transmission quality.

"Auto" sometimes is not the best option. You may have to manually pick a strong'ish channel and stick with that. If you are near wi-fi or other interference that can also affect it, so you may want to test (to be sure it's just a transmission issue and not something in your drone or controller hardware) away from buildings, communication towers, etc.

Also, what mobile device and OS are you using? Are you transmitting over wi-fi or through the DJI controller and a USB cable (ideally, do the latter)? Make sure you have plenty of space available to cache the streamed video and that you don't have a bunch of other Apps open. You may want to clear the DJI GO App's existing cache and reset its settings (or uninstall then reinstall it). Lastly, a good old turning off and back on the drone (and/or controller) may resolve this...it's been a solution for me with various I've had.

OK I downloaded the DJI GO app to my Galaxy S5 phone and I get video feed. In both cases I am using the USB cable. The Android tablet that was not working is a generic Astro Tab 7" quad core A33 processor running Android 6.0.1. It doesn't appear to be running any other software at the same time. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work... PS Thanks for your help so far tyknows!

Greetings. I have the P4 and it happened once to me. I just turn the video cache off and problem solved. Try that.

OK I downloaded the DJI GO app to my Galaxy S5 phone and I get video feed. In both cases I am using the USB cable. The Android tablet that was not working is a generic Astro Tab 7" quad core A33 processor running Android 6.0.1. It doesn't appear to be running any other software at the same time. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work... PS Thanks for your help so far tyknows!
You're welcome. I'm not personally versed in those exact specs you list, but I Googled around and it seems you're not alone - 6.0.1 and DJI GO apparently don't play nicely on some devices (multiple people getting same issue you are having). I'd make sure you have everything up to date (Android OS, controller firmware, camera firmware, drone firmware, DJI GO App) and then see if you can get the Astro Tab to work. If the Galaxy S5 works fine, then I'd say it's definitely the tablet. Worst case, may even want to try a factory reset on the tablet.

I'll try the factory reset. Turning off the Cache did not work for me.

Factory reset tablet, checked for latest firmware, reloaded DJI GO. Still a no-go. The video comes on when DJI GO is first turned on then the image turns grey and doesn't move. Very frustrating.

Factory reset tablet, checked for latest firmware, reloaded DJI GO. Still a no-go. The video comes on when DJI GO is first turned on then the image turns grey and doesn't move. Very frustrating.
I can understand your frustration as this technology can be very finicky. You're saying everything works fine on your S5 phone? If it works on the phone, I'd say all things drone-related are likely fine and it's the tablet - I'd either just use the phone, or try matching settings from phone to tablet exactly. Have you tried other USB cables with it? Did you tablet maybe update its OS recently? Can you roll back the OS if it did? I recall seeing 6.0.1 as a bugger in some other threads. DJI support might offer some help with your specific setup or know more about that tablet and their App... (818) 235-0789

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez