Newbie struggling to get started

Reaction score
Hi there,
just purchased a Phantom 3 Advanced. There seems to be a problem with the controller. The seller swears blind that it worked perfectly the last time he used it. When I plug the charger in, nothing happens. I tried various key combinations that were supposed to perform a hard reset and worked out that it appears to come to life when I hold down the C1 and shutter buttons. The leds start flashing 1, 1 + 2, 1 + 2 + 3. I can then turn it on at that point, but the app displays controller weak signal and does not connect to the aircraft. I have tried charging it for longer and longer periods, 4 hours today, but it makes no difference. DJI suggests 2.5 to 3 hours, but I noticed people stating 6 hours on various forum posts.
I'm assuming that the controller is faulty unless anyone can shed any light on the problem?

Hi there,
just purchased a Phantom 3 Advanced. There seems to be a problem with the controller. The seller swears blind that it worked perfectly the last time he used it. When I plug the charger in, nothing happens. I tried various key combinations that were supposed to perform a hard reset and worked out that it appears to come to life when I hold down the C1 and shutter buttons. The leds start flashing 1, 1 + 2, 1 + 2 + 3. I can then turn it on at that point, but the app displays controller weak signal and does not connect to the aircraft. I have tried charging it for longer and longer periods, 4 hours today, but it makes no difference. DJI suggests 2.5 to 3 hours, but I noticed people stating 6 hours on various forum posts.
I'm assuming that the controller is faulty unless anyone can shed any light on the problem?
I'm slightly confused with what you are saying. If the app is reporting "signal weak" wouldn't that indicate that you ARE connected. What color is the LED above the lens on the AC?

I'm slightly confused with what you are saying. If the app is reporting "signal weak" wouldn't that indicate that you ARE connected. What color is the LED above the lens on the AC?
Just goes to show you that some sellers cannot be trusted , as used electronics can be sold and still have issues. And as LaBear said, if you are receiving a message that indicates weak signal, then you are connected; however, it seems you want to move to another area to do your testing, such as away from a PC and fluorescent lights.

The AC is showing solid red and flashing yellow, suggesting that it is not paired. I watched the DJI video on how to pair but the C1 + C2 + Video button combination does not beep or start a blue flashing LED.

My main concern at this point is with the controller. Pressing the power button does nothing and plugging in the charger does nothing. I have to press C1 + Shutter + Power to turn on or C1 + Shutter when it is plugged in to start charging.

The AC is showing solid red and flashing yellow, suggesting that it is not paired. I watched the DJI video on how to pair but the C1 + C2 + Video button combination does not beep or start a blue flashing LED.

My main concern at this point is with the controller. Pressing the power button does nothing and plugging in the charger does nothing. I have to press C1 + Shutter + Power to turn on or C1 + Shutter when it is plugged in to start charging.
The power-up for the controller should not be that complicated. I would open a dispute with the seller. At least get something back for the controller.

Don't forget that to turn either the AC or the Controller on you need to double click the buttons, holding them for a few seconds on the second push. I forgot that yesterday and couldn't turn on the Controller!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic