Newbie from IL, got a P4 for Xmas!!

Reaction score
Got a P4 for Xmas and I'm so excited to fly her. I got the black one, pretty sweet looking. Haven't had a chance to fly yet, weather here in the Chicago area hasn't been too flight friendly.

Anyone have a good choice of tablet to use? I have a Nexus 9, but not sure if I want to get one with LTE. Any thoughts?

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi, I'm not sure where you are in the Chicago area but from looking at the AirMap app you might be making some phone calls. That is if it will even take off.

I've been thinking about the iPad mini, but it's a lot of money for just a screen for my P4. There's a post here showing DJI plans for a device that, depending on the cost, might be worth waiting for.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I went through the process of choosing a tablet for my P4, recently. A highly recommend tablet was the iPad Mini 4 with cellular for the gps chip. My P4 and tablet are on the way.

DJI Crystal Sky is the product ; sorry no idea how to link it from my phone. Though I imagine the launch price is going to be outrageous.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I am in the far NW burbs. I checked the before you fly app. The only place I need to worry about is the hospital. I'm 4.5 miles from it. But other than that, I'm pretty safe.

Thanks for the tablet options. I was looking at the iPad mini but so expensive just for the drone. I might try the Nexus for now and go from there.

I am in the far NW burbs. I checked the before you fly app. The only place I need to worry about is the hospital. I'm 4.5 miles from it. But other than that, I'm pretty safe.

Thanks for the tablet options. I was looking at the iPad mini but so expensive just for the drone. I might try the Nexus for now and go from there.

I was up in the chi for thanksgiving and took my P4 out to Buckingham fountain and got some fantastic footage of millennium park.

Welcome to the forum cmelby .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.