Newb

Reaction score
Hello,

First, thank you for sharing your stories and tips, it has helped my research into drones. I have been wanting to join the drone community for a while and just found out that my wife bought me a P4 for my birthday. I have a small 1st world problem: I want the P4P and am struggling with how to make that happen. She ordered through Amazon and the P4 is scheduled to be delivered today. Any ideas or suggestions? I realize the cost to upgrade would be another $400-500.

Thanks!

Reactions: Fancher9-76
What functions is it that you just have to have with the P4P that the P4 can't handle?

Last edited:
Thank you for the replies.

I plan on leaving it in beginner mode since this will be my first 'real' drone. Also, I am sure I can use the extra obstacle avoidance options on the P4P. Also, I am a sucker for newer and improved cameras.

You'll really enjoy the camera on the P4P...such an improvement over the P4. 1-inch sensor makes a huge difference

Just in case anyone wants an update. I received my P4 yesterday: right out of the box I noticed no lights illuminated on the battery. I let it charge for over an hour and still no luck before, during, or after charging to see any lights. I contacted Amazon and will be shipping it back since they claim they're unable to just send a replacement battery. Also, taking into consideration that it will take up to 7 days to get the money refunded. I chose to order a P4P and hopefully I have better luck when that one arrives.

Hello,

First, thank you for sharing your stories and tips, it has helped my research into drones. I have been wanting to join the drone community for a while and just found out that my wife bought me a P4 for my birthday. I have a small 1st world problem: I want the P4P and am struggling with how to make that happen. She ordered through Amazon and the P4 is scheduled to be delivered today. Any ideas or suggestions? I realize the cost to upgrade would be another $400-500.

Thanks!
If you were my brother, I suggest you return it and buy the P4P, do not buy the P4P+.

Here's why:

The P4 has a weak RC, most everyone that owns a P4 and P3P (they can compare) knows this, the P4 has the weakest power output of any of the Lightbridge controllers that DJI has made. The P4 works great with an Inspire or P3P controller (GL300A, GL300B, or GL658A,B,C), but that's an additional cost. Most guys upgrade the stock controller (GL300C) with a DBS2 antenna to get a decent range, again additional cost. Forget that noise! If you can afford it buy the P4P which has great range and a fantastic camera.

Although my P4 works well, and we've been to a lot of places, it took me 4 months to get to work right, using the Inspire GL658A controller.

Go for the P4P!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72