Newb with P4A. Not yet flown. Firmware

Reaction score
Just unboxed my new P4A. It came with 1.00.0128. Should I update before first flights? Needing some expert opinions. Thanks!

I like to run the latest firmware on my Phantoms, but it's not required. If you don't want to update it, then just ignore the prompt to update in DJI GO. If you decide to update it, you can always downgrade it later (if needed for some reason).

Reactions: rvrrat14
I also a P4A and I did the upgrade prior to fly it. The whole process was OK and the AC is behaving great, one thing is that I connected the AC to my Mac and open DJI Assistant and I don't have a choice to rollback to the previous FW, maybe can be done the same way most P4 users are rolling back to the previous FW.

So I've decided to attempt the upgrade........

From what I've read, I will use the DJI Go 4 app. The latest steps I've found are in a YouTube video from DJI. Also, I've seen where you need to do the upgrade for each AC battery you have, correct? So with three batteries, I have to upgrade the AC three times?
Thanks!

one thing is that I connected the AC to my Mac and open DJI Assistant and I don't have a choice to rollback to the previous FW
For firmware versions that don't appear in the DJI Assistant 2 application, you can roll back like this.

Well, somehow it all seemed to work. AC successfullly updated and RC successfully updated. Will check other two batteries tomorrow.

Jut stick in the new battery, start it all up as if to fly, it will say "Firmware Mismatch" and ask you to move the slider to do it. Each time you put in a new battery that has not been updated, this will happen, but only the one time, until another update.

For firmware versions that don't appear in the DJI Assistant 2 application, you can roll back like this.

I did that for a P4 that a friend have, that he upgraded to the current bogus FW and wanted to rollback to the previous and we have the 2 older versions for that AC, but in my case, where I can find the previous FW of my P4A? It is not that I need it, but just in case.

Latest firmware installed on my p4a. Eveeything is working great. Love this aircraft. Probably more than my p4p.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel