New Zealand

Yeah i was going to buy the vision as it was all setup, but opted not to as would rather upgrade GoPro as new ones come out. Will hopefully get some footage soon, but it is windy as heck.

Cheers

phantomnz said:
Hey Klaus,

I am in Auckland. I purchased the package deal from Helipal which is: DJI Phantom 2 + Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal + Storm FPV. I am using the GoPro Hero3+ Black. I have attached a photo of my setup. Cheers

Hi again

Can I ask you how much you have to pay for that setup?
Or do you have a link to the deal? I can't find it on their website.
How is the monitor, good quality?
Are the FPV showing it real time or do you have some delay.
Have you tried out how far you can go out before the connection breaks?
How long flying time do you get?

Sorry about all my question, but Im pretty sure I would be way more happy with a setup like yours, I just want to make sure to do the right thing, which means I will try to sell my Vision and then.... :D

Thanks in Advance
Klaus

Hey Klaus, here is the link for Helipal http://www.helipal.com/dji-phantom-2-gps-drone-rtf.html down the bottom is where you add the gimbal, FPV and iOSD. It cost about NZ$1700 which included shipping. I only got the standard FPV screen, maybe the deluxe is better, but I am happy with my setup. The only negative is you can't control the photo and video of the gopro. You have to either press record or setup your gopro to take photos every 10 or so seconds. Distance so far is about 300 meters.
Haven't checked lag or flight time yet.
This is my 2nd day flying so still testing things out.

Cheers

Hi and thanks for the link.

When I follow the link and just simulate I want to buy it, I get a prize $1268 and that is with the Deluxe monitor?

Isn't there any way, with some extra equipment, that you can control the camera, like I can on my Vision?

Cheers

Unfortunately the gopro wifi works on the same frequency as the Phantom 2, the vision is on a different frequency hence why it can talk with the iPhone. Not sure why they did it this way.

Ahhhh ok, if that is the only problem, then it could maybe work on the Vision if I could find a gimbal :)

**** that is a great video just not long enough.
Maybe that is your first video with that setup, but it can't be the first time you have done videos?
It's so smooth specially compared to my wobly videos, you get seasick watching them :oops:
You and the setup have done a great job, I would be very happy with results like that.

njhoogs said:
You can buy DJI products in NZ from http://www.rubbermonkey.co.nz. That is where I bought my vision, great service, not sure how the price compares.

Yes I have seen that, but I just have a funny feeling about that company, that they don't have anything in stock but they just order it from Hong kong when you place an order. Which you could do yourself!
If you compare their prices with eg. Helipal, you will save around $300 and that is including delivery!

Hey all ..... another Kiwi here in the middle, .... in Wellington ..... I bought P2v from rubber monkey ... little pricey @ $1998.00 but arrived before Xmas so didnt mind :cool: ... just still testing, learning, reading etc but am coming along ... only one crash so far and was no drama so compared to some stories I have read here seems I am not going to badly LOL

phantomnz said:
Welcome GMANNZ! :D

I see Auckland put these drones well on the map in the newz today LOL .... :) should an interesting discussion going down this week ... NZ is never shy of a good over dramatised story to get people freaked out about bugger all ... !!

Fellow kiwis, if you haven't got a case for your Phantom yet. Check this out. I got this idea from a member called hotstink626. Purchased a case from Supercheap auto for NZ$80, the size is 560x4310x215. I managed to fit it all in as per below:

This is the top layer, where you will see the Phantom, Controller, Spare Battery, and FPV. I also had to take out some of the spikes from the top padding so it would fit properly and not bend the blades.

2nd layer has: Phantom Battery Charger, FPV Charger and multi-head screwdriver (at the back). Will probably put some spare AA batteries in for the controller.

Bottom layer currently has spare blades only,but could put a few other things if needed.

Not too bad for $80 bucks, saves having to spend US$250 + shipping on a case.

Sweet

Attachments

• DJI-Phantom-Case_Top-Layer.jpg
    DJI-Phantom-Case_Top-Layer.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 780
  • DJI-Phantom-Case_2nd-Layer.jpg
    DJI-Phantom-Case_2nd-Layer.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 727
  • DJI-Phantom-Case_Bottom-Layer.jpg
    DJI-Phantom-Case_Bottom-Layer.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 724
phantomnz said:
Fellow kiwis, if you haven't got a case for your Phantom yet. Check this out.

Went for the HPRC 2700PHA Custom Phantom case .... little pricey, but quality ... I like my expensive things wrapped up nice for travelling :)

Good one Phantomnz! I saw the case at Supercheap and then went back to measure my P2V... So it's good to see how well it all fits. Looks like a trip back to Supercheap after yr success :)

Hi guys, I'm in Auckland, on the Northshore. Been flying my P2 for a few months until yesterday when I lost it over some bush at little shoal bay. Going back today for a search with my wife, but if anyone is around today and has FPV, I could use some assistance for a P2 search and rescue mission with a second quad :)
Help will be appreciated ! Just flick me a PM. Cheers, Nico.

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_304 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4