New Zealand

Reaction score
I'm in Auckland and would be keen to meet other pilots. Met BoatChaser when in Perth and that was great.

Hi FlyingKiwi
Just want to say hi and introduce myself :)
I know we are to far away from each other, I'm living in Whakatane, and I haven't even got my Phantom yet :|
I could find anybody selling the Phantom 2 Vision here in NZ, so I ordered it yesterday from HeliPal.com and hope I will get it soon.

Witch Phantom do you have?

Sorry about my English, Im Danish :cool:

Cheers for now.
Klaus

Hi Klaus
I'm on holiday up the road from you in Whangamata ...but normally live in Auckland
How long are you in Nz for?
We have very dear friends in Silkeborg
Just for yr info I have used Helipilot for small things but find them expensive. I used http://flying-hobby.com/ for my last purchase of P2V..... I also have a P1
On Facebook there is a good site DJI Phantom 2 Vision
Hope yr copter arrives soon and you enjoy it
Cheers
Ray

Hi Ray

Nice to hear from you.
I guess I'm stucked here I am married to a Kiwi :cool:
I have been here for 6 years now.
Great you have Danish friends in Silkeborg, I have been there a couple of times but that is many years ago.

Ha ha you are saying that you are on holiday up the road from me in Whangamata, maybe that's how Kiwis are looking at distances, it's around two hours drive (I guess)
I got my PV2 today and are just waiting for the batteries to charge :cool:
I will let you know how it goes with my first flight.
Maybe we can catch up one day.
By the way are there many people in NZ flying UAV's ? Do you know any other?
Cheers for now.
Klaus

Hi guys,
Another Kiwi here. I live down in the South Island on the Wild West coast near Westport. I have a PV which I also brought from helipal. Their service and postage speed was great but good to know there is more competitively priced suppliers out there Ray.
Anyway, good to see other Kiwis chipping in on the collective knowledge for DJI. If I'm up in the North or you guys find yourselves down this way then flick me a PM. Plenty of awesome landscapes to video so happy to point a couple out to ya's.
Cheers,
Morgan

Good to hear from you Morgan....yes u have some great scenery down there....when I come down some time will advise. I met a guy in the park in Perth as I was flying my P1 and it was great to fly and share with someone else.

Hey Klaus, how did you get on with your first flight???

C u :)

We just got back from a 28 day self drive tour of New Zealand. What an amazing country and the people are real friendly. We managed to pack a lot in and I only wish I had discovered the Phantom Vision before I went on the trip. I love film making and it would have improved my options immensely.

If anyone wants to see what type of country these people have to fly in this is my home video of our trip. No phantom footage though :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJfelBR5MEw

Yes it's lovely here - esp at the moment as we having lovely weather.....bet u wish u were here rather than in the UK :lol: ....esp with a P2V in hand
Tried to look at yr link but would not let me in because of the country I am in :D

FlyingKiwi said:
Yes it's lovely here - esp at the moment as we having lovely weather.....bet u wish u were here rather than in the UK :lol: ....esp with a P2V in hand
Tried to look at yr link but would not let me in because of the country I am in :D

You don't want any weather like we have here at the moment, its green enough over there. Yes it was a trip of a lifetime but unlucky for me I had not even heard of the Phantom before we went. I would certainly have taken it with me. Sorry about the link to the video, I made it for the family and so I used some music that prevents it being played in some countries.

I am looking forward to seeing some phantom films from you Kiwi's. Try flying through some of those thermal vents for a start :lol:

Shrimpfarmer said:
FlyingKiwi said:

You don't want any weather like we have here at the moment, its green enough over there. Yes it was a trip of a lifetime but unlucky for me I had not even heard of the Phantom before we went. I would certainly have taken it with me. Sorry about the link to the video, I made it for the family and so I used some music that prevents it being played in some countries.

I am looking forward to seeing some phantom films from you Kiwi's. Try flying through some of those thermal vents for a start :lol:
Yes it is beautiful here but have been a little windy here in the 5 days I had the PV :)
When I try to watch your video it tells me that I can't because ou haven't made it available for mobile devices.

Now , there is a challenge for Klaus ...he lives closest to Rotorua....to fly through the thermals :) Look forward to see yr vids Klaus

FlyingKiwi said:
Now , there is a challenge for Klaus ...he lives closest to Rotorua....to fly through the thermals :) Look forward to see yr vids Klaus

Whilst he is there get some aerial footage of those kids diving from the bridge for coins ! :D

Hmmm good ideas from both :cool:

I have actually lived in Rotorua for 5 years so one day......

Gidday guys.
Another kiwi here with a PV2.

Ive been flying around a few parks in Auckland, each time extending my comfort zone and trying a little further or higher.

I have been learning a few solid techniques with each flight.

Some great weather recently (especially early morning), but Ive found also that there are some **** serious seagulls out there that don't take too nicely to an "intruder" in their area haha.

Hi guys, was doing some flying over gulls at the beach a few weeks ago, wasn't until I looked at the video did I realise how close I got to one! Image what the gull must be thinking!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 693
Ha ha yes that was close !

I'm sure it was thinking: "f..... Phantoms, they are everywhere :D

Hey guys, another kiwi here. Just received my Phantom 2 from Helipal yesterday, took it for my first flight yesterday which was cool but scary, winds were quite strong. Today I am just setting up the gimabl and Storm FPV. Hope to get some videos up soon.
Cheers

phantomnz said:
Hey guys, another kiwi here. Just received my Phantom 2 from Helipal yesterday, took it for my first flight yesterday which was cool but scary, winds were quite strong. Today I am just setting up the gimabl and Storm FPV. Hope to get some videos up soon.
Cheers

Hi PhantomNZ
We are sloooowly getting more and more in here, great :cool:

Where are you located in NZ?
What Gimbal are you using?
Are you using a GoPro?

Cheers for now

Hey Klaus,

I am in Auckland. I purchased the package deal from Helipal which is: DJI Phantom 2 + Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal + Storm FPV. I am using the GoPro Hero3+ Black. I have attached a photo of my setup. Cheers

Attachments

• DJI-Phantom2.jpg
    DJI-Phantom2.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 659
Wow that is looking great!

I also bought mine from Helipal but I bought the Vision which I'm kind of regretting :roll:

I'm looking forward to see some results from you :)

Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.