New Zealand

Hi all - have just ordered my Vision+ a few days ago so looking forward to getting my hands on it. I have my private pilots licence and do a bit of real flying when dollars permit. Looking forward to having a slightly cheaper hobby as well! I'm in Wattle Downs (in the Auckland Airport Control Zone) so just trying to figure out where to fly my Phantom when I do get it. Don't really fancy my Phantom being taken out by an A320 (and probably vice-versa) so will have to sort that one out. Have been reading all the model aircraft rules so I'm guessing I might have to jump in the car and head south. Anyway, glad to have found this site - looks like a lot of good info.

I'd reply to this but being in ChCh I doubt there is anyone here :)

PV2, lots of flying and currently filming the tear down of the neighbourhood. The we flying thing hasn't flown away by itself yet but odds are on it will, that seemed random to say I know, I think I've been reading to much here.

Hmm I think I did reply

Hi guys,

Here is a new site set up by Airways NZ.

I like the part where they are getting ready to charge us for flying in controlled airspace. (Sarcasm in case you missed it).

www.airshare.co.nz

Hi guys,

I am new to quadcopter flying but am very keen to purchase a DJI Phantom 2 Vision +. I am just worried about buying from overseas and shipping to NZ after spending so much moolah. Does anyone know if helipal.com is safe? It has the cheapest price that I have seen by far.. Can anyone help me out with this?

Apologies after reading back through the thread it looks like helipal is legit... Any other feedback welcome though

I purchased mine direct from the DJI and had no problems. The price must have included GST as well as there was no request from Customs/MAF for payment of any extra charges. Was still cheaper than any NZ sites I have seen but may be less difference now that the dollar has dived against the USD.

Martyman said:
I purchased mine direct from the DJI and had no problems. The price must have included GST as well as there was no request from Customs/MAF for payment of any extra charges. Was still cheaper than any NZ sites I have seen but may be less difference now that the dollar has dived against the USD.

Agreed.. Direct form DJI. Cheap, Fast, duty free and they threw in an additional 2 props for free with my p2v+

Hi all

Good to see a few Kiwis with Phantoms.

I bought a Vision 2+ about a month ago. I'm based in the countryside on the Manawatu coast with 15 km of uninhabited land to the north. On google maps I can see there are 3 inaccessible lakes within this area - well, inaccessible until now :) I've just installed ilovecoffee's unofficial app so I'm looking forward to doing some seriously long flights with the ground station to check them out.

Hi i buy my dji phantom 2 vision + one months ago but today i sell my phantom 2 vision + if you want ? I leave in wellington king regards ps: sorry my english is bad

Today, taking advantage of the weather is good,I went to west Auckland want to go out to shoot the scenery, who knows, accidentally,a mistakes
Not a big area but I seach in the jungle looking for nearly 3 hours, no trace of all.
is there any one have any way, advise advice, help think about ways!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik