New York City

Reaction score
Are there any pilots here from NYC who plan on purchasing the P3?

I would like to message you privately about something if that meets with your approval.

Alternatively, if you live in NYC, you can feel free to private message me.

Thanks

Last edited:
(slaps palm against own face) Doh!...........I need to work on my ability to be more subtle. There goes my future as a spy.

Are you looking for anyone in Philadelphia?

I appreciate you asking, though there isnt any footage in Philadelphia needed.
Are you looking for anyone in Philadelphia?

I do not need anything shot in Philadelphia, yet if you ever drive up to New York City, I most certainly would like some footage of Statue of Liberty and the Brooklyn Bridge. If you or anybody here can capture that footage we should speak privately about it. :)

Feel free to PM anytime.

You will be shot down trying to fly around the Statue of Liberty. Saw it first hand two summers ago. A guy was flying a Phantom from his boat, I had mine out because we were going around the "Island". Anyway within 5-6 minutes of launching he had about 4 Coast Guard / Police Boats around him....they shut him down really quick

No you would NOT be "shot down". If somebody shot at the drone they would be arrested.

I have seen lots of footage of drone footage around the Statue of Liberty. It is public property which is fully legal.

My suggestion would be to shoot the footage first thing in the morning when there are zero people there.

No you would NOT be "shot down". If somebody shot at the drone they would be arrested.

I have seen lots of footage of drone footage around the Statue of Liberty. It is public property which is fully legal.

My suggestion would be to shoot the footage first thing in the morning when there are zero people there.

The shooting down was a figure of speech. The Statue of Liberty falls under the National Park System............you are not allowed to legally fly around it. You better go back and rethink where you want footage from, its not fully legal to fly around, or over it

Last edited:
The shooting down was a figure of speech. The Statue of Liberty falls under the National Park System............you are not allowed to legally fly around it

From what I understand a drone operator cannot "launch, land or operate" from within the park.

I believe the airspace is safe just so long as you "launch, land and operate" from public property and not on the actual island.

From what I understand a drone operator cannot "launch, land or operate" from within the park.

I believe the airspace is safe just so long as you "launch, land and operate" from public property and not on the actual island.

LOL doing a little back tracking now huh. Its a National Monument, I'm keeping the heck away from it. I already saw first hand what happens when you don't. No one needs that ****

Is this you? http://dronesforhire.com.au

LOL doing a little back tracking now huh. Its a National Monument, I'm keeping the heck away from it. I already saw first hand what happens when you don't. No one needs that ****

Is this you? http://dronesforhire.com.au

I assume you mean that you are backtracking.....because I did not backtrack whatsoever.

If you don't want the work that is ok. There will be somebody in NYC who wants to make the money....and lots of it for that matter :)

To answer your question......."no I am not the owner of that website"

I assume you mean that you are backtracking.....because I did not backtrack whatsoever.

If you don't want the work that is ok. There will be somebody in NYC who wants to make the money....and lots of it for that matter :)

To answer your question......."no I am not the owner of that website"
Do you have your own website? Sure their are plenty of stupid people out there willing to risk anything for a few bucks

The Statue of Liberty is terrible airspace to fly in from a safety perspective. You have tour helicopters flying around the statue at 500 feet and below and lots of other VFR aircraft flying under 1000 feet to take advantage of the Hudson River VFR corridor for both the view and to avoid entering the Class B airspace around Newark/JFK/LaGuardia while traveling north/south.

The Statue of Liberty is terrible airspace to fly in from a safety perspective. You have tour helicopters flying around the statue at 500 feet and below and lots of other VFR aircraft flying under 1000 feet to take advantage of the Hudson River VFR corridor for both the view and to avoid entering the Class B airspace around Newark/JFK/LaGuardia while traveling north/south.

But DFH is willing to risk all that:rolleyes:

I respect that The Statue may not work..that is fine.

How about the Brooklyn Bridge, or other aerial shots around NYC?

Can anybody help me with that footage? (other than FastFJR).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic