New [Vision Plus] android app

4wd said:
It still isn't available on play here, can you host a link to sideload the apk from?
The ability to take a still without stopping recording video is an interesting new option - not seen elsewhere.

It should be available for all countries supported by the play store.
Be sure to join the Beta testing group before trying to access the testing URL

BioTeq said:
I really, really like the design, way better than other apps I'm testing.
I don't know why the maps don't download when I'm connected to the Phantom wifi - it should still use the LTE connection on my phone for internet related stuff. Anyone?

Gimbal control doesn't really work for me. When I put my finger on the screen and drag down the gimbal does nothing until I get to almost the bottom of the screen and then the camera goes all the way down with max speed, sometimes I can make it slower, but there is no logic to how it happens. After releasing the screen the camera returns to default position instead of staying in place.

Thank you!
For the map issue I'm afraid I'm limited by what I can do with android here, but I'll see if there's any way I can have maps load while being connected to the phantom. In the meantime I suggest you first start the app without connecting to the phantom's wifi, drag the map around where you're planning to fly and then hit the top red button to connect to the phantom as soon as you're ready.
For the gimbal pitch, you must first touch down the screen, then scroll towards either the top or the bottom of the screen. The faster you do it, the faster the gimbal should move. I will look into improving the responsiveness of that.

No no, the map loading is not due to an issue in your app, it's just the way android deals with wifi vs lte - I know that it should work after removing gateway and dns settings from wifi (on static ip setting these options show up but it's not possible to empty them, once deleted they come up with google's own dns's). This works on my iPad, but not on Android - I've tried to use the wifi settings app, which theoretically works in removing those, but not really either - they set to something like :)::1), which of course doesn't work either - on my iPad I can do it, on Android it doesn't work. I always cache the maps.

Regarding gimbal control, yeah, I figured that's how it should work, unfortunately it really doesn't - I suppose it might be device-related issue, I've just tried again, when I touch the screen a blue circle shows up and then in the spot where I touched a white dot is visible when I drag my finger. Unfortunately dragging my finger below that dot doesn't do anything for a good while.

Kaehn said:
4wd said:
It still isn't available on play here, can you host a link to sideload the apk from?
The ability to take a still without stopping recording video is an interesting new option - not seen elsewhere.

It should be available for all countries supported by the play store.
Be sure to join the Beta testing group before trying to access the testing URL

That worked thanks.

BioTeq said:
Regarding gimbal control, yeah, I figured that's how it should work, unfortunately it really doesn't - I suppose it might be device-related issue, I've just tried again, when I touch the screen a blue circle shows up and then in the spot where I touched a white dot is visible when I drag my finger. Unfortunately dragging my finger below that dot doesn't do anything for a good while.

I just published a new version (1.0.8) which should make the gimbal pitch control more responsive. Also made a quick video showing how it should work (see below).
Let me know if that's not the same for you, it would probably be a device specific issue then.

The new update should also fix the software keys showing up after using the map type switch.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arEmD50nulI[/youtube]

Oh yeah, this works very well now! Thanks for being so responsive.
I think it's time to do some flying :)

Kaehn said:
BioTeq said:

I just published a new version (1.0.8) which should make the gimbal pitch control more responsive. Also made a quick video showing how it should work (see below).
Let me know if that's not the same for you, it would probably be a device specific issue then.

The new update should also fix the software keys showing up after using the map type switch.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arEmD50nulI[/youtube]

Are you able to add yaw and tilt into the app?
The same way as you tilt in the clip, but with yaw.

A lot of people are going to think I'm silly and it does not a exist. I know for a fact the Vision (non Plus) is capable of tilting and yawing via the gyro on the smart/phone device. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqRMzam ... ObwC0HUbmg

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=22134&start=10

The reason for the request is for IOC CL flight where you can use your finger to track and object.

Mako79 said:
Are you able to add yaw and tilt into the app?
The same way as you tilt in the clip, but with yaw.

I've actually done some testing to add gimbal yaw control, the results I got was that it does yaw a little but blocks after about 5-10° from original position which didn't seem really interesting to add. On top of that, having both yaw and pitch controls enabled at the same time forces you to be a lot more precise with your gestures, for example if you only want to pitch you need to make sure you follow a straight line.
I'll try and do more testing on that and see if it's possible to 'hack the sdk' to yaw more than 5/10°. Will also test tilting, this one I didn't try.

StevenQX said:
At which resolution are taken the photos while recording a video? Congrats for the app..
Same resolution as your video settings.

Hi hdcharlie,

The app is not currently released, the only way to install it is to first join our forums over on google and then follow the instructions on this page to be able to test the app.

I have joined the group and clicked install the app but it's not on my tablet ? Says it's install when go into the play store when I reinstall it it says will be installed soon?

Sounds like a google play store issue, not an app problem, just wait until it's installed. Perhaps reboot the device.

Just pushed a new version:
1.0.9 changes:
- refusing the prompt to connect to the aircraft and trying to connect afterwards should now work as expected
- you can now disconnect from the aircraft by clicking the top button while being connected, this allows you to cache maps in case its needed

Updates should be automatic yes!

4wd said:
I'm on 1.0.8 - do these incremental updates download automatically for now?
I'm pretty sure it only downloads automatically if this is how you have Google Play set up. Otherwise you need to update manually.

Kaehn said:
Updates should be automatic yes!
Hi kaehn, what's happen if someone press disconnect involuntary during flight? Ask for confirmation or immediately disconnect? Thanks

Hi StevenQX, there is a confirmation dialog, so you don't need to worry about clicking by mistake!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik