New user and needs advice

Reaction score
Bought a Phantom 2 in the box from a guy that was unsure if it would fly. I bought it cheap and would hopefully work out the issues one at a time. First, no charger and I’m waiting on one that I ordered last week. P2 looks in great shape, seems to have never been flown. Last night I updated the controller successfully. Now after I charge the battery up and have a full charge what’s next to after I do update the phantom?

Bought a Phantom 2 in the box from a guy that was unsure if it would fly. I bought it cheap and would hopefully work out the issues one at a time. First, no charger and I’m waiting on one that I ordered last week. P2 looks in great shape, seems to have never been flown. Last night I updated the controller successfully. Now after I charge the battery up and have a full charge what’s next to after I do update the phantom?
You need to do calibration , go to YouTube and put in search engine your model with calibrate.
That should help you on your way.

Reactions: BIER
Bier where you at on Google map?

Do calibrations and do a close distance and low level flight to make sure all systems go!!

Received the charger and found that battery that came with P2 is bad, won’t take a charge. Ordered new battery today and will be here tomorrow. Opened up the shell and had all components in place with no tampering. Fingers crossed tomorrow might have light a flashing....

Received the charger and found that battery that came with P2 is bad, won’t take a charge. Ordered new battery today and will be here tomorrow. Opened up the shell and had all components in place with no tampering. Fingers crossed tomorrow might have light a flashing....

Since you upgraded the controller you should do a complete calibration of the sticks and do the same in the P2 software as well. Also, do IMU calibration as well then take it outside and calibrate the compass. Of course, any P2 software cals can only be done after you get the new battery.

Reactions: BIER
Since you upgraded the controller you should do a complete calibration of the sticks and do the same in the P2 software as well. Also, do IMU calibration as well then take it outside and calibrate the compass. Of course, any P2 software cals can only be done after you get the new battery.

Thanks still learning the lingo and what’s its.

YES!
DEFINITELY !! make sure you take care of imu which can be shown on YouTube,
Otherwise the phantom will start to drift and bash into things when in flight.

Battery came with a good enough charge to test and see all functions. completed IMU cal, updated both controller and drone, GPS cal successfully and green flashing lights for take off. Now for some more reading and short flight I guess. While testing my controller with the blades off it seems that the down control sticks at the bottom, is that normal and up seems to increase as it should but down has little or nor change is that normal??

Not sure on your description?
The left stick controls your yaw.
The unit rotates left and right, up and down. Go to YouTube P2 controller.

Make sure to also calibrate away from any metal surfaces. Even concrete as it has metal bars inside them. This will affect the compass calibration. Also worth noting that there is 2 apps you can use. DJI app and litchi vision 2 app (which is free as well)

I did some low close flying yesterday and felt good with the controls. Now to order a second battery and get some more time in the air. Thank you for all your reply’s.

Reactions: Dodgethat

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic